XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

Forgot there was a Prioritize Resolution option.

DANG I fall in love with Dishonerd… playing on the hardest difficulty without alert and kill is the way :o Sooo good…

5 Likes

Personally, if Sony was to get an exclusive Star Wars game, I would not mind it at all because I know that I will get a vastly superior game compared to EA as outside of Jedi Fallen Order which is more thanks to Respawn than anything, they don’t have a clue as what to do with the license.

I don’t see Microsoft getting the license because they tend to go after the small AA/Indies instead. Honestly, when was the last time Microsoft paid for a top tier massive license for a game?

Kinect star wars in 2012?

I mean, they just bought some of the biggest licenses in gaming and own a ton more than they know what to do with at a given time. Now, given how important Kotor was to the OG Xbox, I could see MS exclusively publish a remake of that game and possibly develop in-house (my prediction is Turn 10) but otherwise I don’t think Sony or MS are that big into the licensing game in large part because of the costs.

Now, Sony of course has Spider-Man and they did Predator Hunting Grounds, but most of their other licensed titles were VR or Vita which is cheaper. MLB the Show also had to go multiplat to remain financially feasible.

Xbox has the Kinect Disney games they ported to the One, the Fantasia Kinect game and licensed content in Forza.

I honestly think Spider-Man is the exception bolstered by the Sony-Marvel film deal, as in most instances the first parties want titles they own and can leverage. Mario, Master Chief and Kratos are three of the most iconic characters in gaming if not pop culture and they don’t have to pay a cent extra to use them. Throw in acquired IPs from Rare and Bethesda, and MS has no need to ever license, but for Kotor, I still think they should.

2 Likes

Microsoft didnt have the studios to license for a game and neither has the inside into Spiderman like Sony has.

Also why is Fallen Order success just On Respawn and not also on EA who let them make the game and gave them the freedom to do whatever they wanted? So forth continues the trend that if a game from an EA studio is good its cause the studio worked hard against their publisher overlords but if its bad its the publisher fault only.

4 Likes

I don’t see why it would be an either or. They could both get a Star Wars license.

1 Like

As far as I know, Vince Zampella is on the Board of Directors or some high position which pretty much allows him to do what he wants at Respawn.

Kinect? Really? That’s not a banger. Come on. SMH. LOL.

That doesnt mean he is above EA bosses but he has helped made things more pro developer friendly over there.

I think that happened after JFO released.

Probably

1 Like

Lots of arguments on twitter about Gamepass fueled by PS fans, but Gamepass is an argument that they just can’t win at. There is literally very little downside to Gamepass when you can still buy games through retail/online.

Haters need to move on, they are running out of things to complain about Xbox. Gamepass is here to stay.

2 Likes

Yep soon they will lose the no games argument

1 Like

Yup, but they’ll at least have the sales argument.

I remember reading that after EA acquired Respawn. A single player Star Wars game??? Apex Legends out of nowhere? Plus, isn’t Zampella now in charge of another studio in addition to Respawn?

Regardless of what Zampella’s pull is, Respawn is the only developer under EA to thus far not fuck up in any way and has had no interference from EA executives whatsoever.

Game Pass is excellent. However, Microsoft/Spencer need to make sure that when their AAA bangers release that they’re of high quality. That’s pretty much all they need to do. They can’t get away with releasing Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 or Crackdown 3 like they were at launch because that’s just not going to fly anymore.

This is why I don’t have an issue with for example, Starfield being March 2022. Give all the studios the time they need to ensure the game is of high quality and as polished as can be.

They do that and there’s pretty much no other false narrative that can happen on Twitter even though im sure they’ll find something to bitch about when it comes to Microsoft/Xbox.

8 Likes

it seems that exclusivity is over…:grinning:

1 Like