XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

Yes! Sunset overdrive is really good they actually used the same engine for the spiderman games probably upgraded it for those games

Ah I still have the GBA version of yoshi’s island in the cartridge slot i believe

Star Wars Squadrons is so good and looks AMAZING on Series X at 4K 60 with enhanced visuals.

It’s a legit sleeper title for Series S/X and should have been delayed unto launch it’s that good.

yeah I actually do believe from what I’ve seen of SO in videos and playthroughs, if Insomniac hadn’t made this game, Spiderman wouldn’t have had as good of a traversal system. Too bad Sony owns them and the IP now lol, I think if IP was retained by Xbox, the Rahni Tucker team over at Ninja Theory could have had a field day making a sequel to this game, or even The Initiative given how the design director worked on SO himself back when he was at Insomniac. It’s just sad, seeing all these unique games from xbox coming at a time where their console adoption was deteriorating so hard. If this game came out today, I am sure it would have been received much better. Then again I haven’t even played it yet lol but you get what I mean, there aren’t many games like this out there, especially that are so characteristically whimsical in their presentation.

I’ll get the game and try it out sometime soon. :+1:

1 Like

I bought it, but aside from how gorgeous it is visually, the gameplay left me wanting. Ended up booting up Elite Dangerous for my space dogfight itch.

1 Like

Just finished Sea of solitude and man, this is a special game! Beautifully made, especially story wise. The part with Sunny really got to me, I could definitely relate there.

Auto HDR is great here too. I am really starting to appreciate games that tackle things like mental health. Soon I should start with Hellblade.

Funny enough the creative lead behind Sunset Overdrive is now at the Initiative:p

2 Likes

Just finished little nightmares great little indie title

1 Like

After several years I finally gave Dishonored a new chance and this time it made click.

I played the game on normal and tried to be as stealthy as possible. I also experimented a bit with the combat but ultimately came to the conclusion it is more fun to stealth around the lvl.

The strongest part of the game by FAR is the lvl structure. This is no surprise like in Prey I have many path to go many options to solve a problem and also freedom.

Enemy AI is very good in my opinion. Sure you can do some exploits with them but overall I enjoyed their reactions and they are multilayered too. I like that a lot.

The absolute gameplay star for me is clearly the teleportation ability. Arkane always manages to create a amazing fun utility tool or ability. My overall goal was always to reach the highest point of the lvl and dodge as many enemies as possible. Very enjoyable. Combat is fine I avoided most encounters or tried to run away. The escape while you try to find a place to hide is really fun. Since the AI doesn’t have a unlimited awareness. Hid and Seek the game:p

One negative I would say is that when you play stealthy you can miss many secrets. Thought the game is not long enough to make it worthwhile to collect everything.

The most fun is the stealth and I will continue to play that way as I plan to complete all DLC’S before I jump into Dishonored 2

While the world looks and feels amazing I would’ve liked to discover more about the lore and cause of the plague. No explanation here.

The story for me is the worst aspect of the game. While the premise is interesting the overall plot is just you completing tasks. It serves the purpose but nothing more. It gets a bit more interesting later but really play something else if you are looking for a great story.

Artistically there is a lot to like thought the game is showing its age and given it only runs at 1080 on xbox meh. Nonetheless there are some great vistas:

In the first hours I was almost quitting the game but once I adapt to what the game want me to do it clicked for me.

8.0/10 There is a lot potential for improvement here what is there or was there is already great. From the sequel I expect even more paths and even more vertically lvl design. Also give me more insight in the world. A better story would be welcomed too thought is not a necessity.

Special thanks to the community who pushed me to play this game :v:

Next up the DLCs :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Opatschi I absolutely love the art direction, lore and setting in the Dishonored franchise. Glad its an xbox IP now.

1 Like

Man sharing screenshots on PS5 is so simple and non-intrusive. Wish the xbox system was like this.

1 Like

Do you have a ps5? I think the way xbox does it is fine. Thought the app on PC is horrendous and slooooow. On phone it works quite well and fast.

I like that I can connect my screens to one cloud

Talking more in console. Xbox be taking you to a separate screen to edit whatever the tweet content is and then once you click share you are stuck there waiting till it finishes. On PS5 I just click post and its gone.

Ohh that yeah maybe. Thought I generally like to do it more manually.

Until PS automatically puts your captures in the cloud so you can download them off their app or website, captures on PS will continue to be worthless to me.

3 Likes

I mean thats what you want cool.

Right now their sharing solution is the least intrusive and better done inside the console which is what I want xbox to do. Dont care about the mobile app sharing integration which barely works half the time.

I’ve never had a problem with the app, it’s always very fast and responsive

3 Likes

Once you download a clip to your PC or phone, you can literally do anything you want with it. So I think it’s pretty clear that this is a bigger issue than Xbox making you go to one extra screen…

2 Likes

Why do I want to go to another screen to bypass the garbage OS system solution that xbox has in place?

All I want is a good solution and dedicated area to media that actually works on the xbox.

It’s not about bypassing, it’s about being able to do so much more than a console will ever be able to do. You can take your clip into Premiere, if you want. You can post you clip to ANY site instead of their limited options, if you want. You can send it as an e-mail, if you want. You can save all your stuff in your own folders, if you want. It’s crazy to downplay this significance of this.

As far as it not working, you really need to contact support, because you’re in the extreme minority on this issue. Get it fixed.

1 Like