XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

It would be awesome. I read consequences as something negative, but that’s my bad, it doesnt have to mean anything negative at all.

Maybe SE wants to see how Outriders does and then might bring FF7R after all? Let’s see.

1 Like

Yeah I acknowledged that, what’s the matter?

Well in that case all good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Meh…

Assuming that this isn’t Sony’s doing, then why? Why did SE bring FF15 and the older ones, but is being so…weird with this?

1 Like

After the news that the PS Plus version of FFVII isn’t upgradeable (for free) to the PS5 version in June, Sony fans would lose their crap if the next-gen version came to XGP on Day 1. Frankly, I imagine Square did that for a reason. I doubt it’d be a day 1 Game Pass release (if it comes to Xbox) but could see it coming several months after.

1 Like

:blink:

1 Like

Pretty much Sony’s doing. It is hell bent on making FF exclusive to Playstation, considering their bet on Starfield failed.

1 Like

Because it’s obviously Sony’s doing, no other way around it. They want to associate FF with PlayStation I’m sure.

1 Like

Both arent mutually exclusive.

Sony put this out to get some press

It is Sony’s doing. Probably the most profitable option for SE which is why they went with it. They still get a lot of sales and they get the added Sony money.

I would be fine with FF7 Remake arriving on XGP in holiday 2021 or 2022.

1 Like

But the thing is, it’s not like the franchise sells gang busters on Xbox. If Sony thinks they truly bring bad news for Xbox overall, they are very mistaken. I don’t think it’s a huge group of people that play FF on Xbox. I could be wrong.

Sadly I am one of those that do like em, lol.

A few thoughts on recent news from Xbox.

-It looks at Xbox’s current marketing plan is to keep Xbox constantly in the news cycle, Gamepass alone is splitting its announcements over 2-4 separate posts which gives individual games way more attention too. This gives the feeling that something exciting is constantly happening in the Xbox ecosystem which also pushes the fomo.

-With Xbox Game Pass they have the attention of the nearly 20 million subscribers and growing every month looking for news regarding releases, currently this news is mostly limited to twitter. I would like them to start introducing games through a small video series on YouTube maybe even live and then they can have news reach of YouTube and Twitter.

-Day one 3rd party exclusives into XGP, these deals should mostly replace all 3rd party exclusivity deals from Xbox imo, they provide much more value to the Xbox user as well as forcing the feeling on PS users that they pay more for the same games.

-Just these last two weeks on twitter I have seen a small shift in the perception of Xbox in general and through the eyes of fanboys too. What Xbox is doing here is trying to kill haters with kindness i.e. through the sheer value Gamepass, and not through forced 3rd party exclusivity. If this sort of news cycles can continue until they have more supply than demand and when 1st party exclusives start flowing then things can change very fast, gamers are a very fickle bunch you provide them enough good value and a lot will make the switch. (easiest recent example being Epic free games, conditioning users to not fully rely on steam) Loyalty only lasts so long.

11 Likes

What if Octopath Traveler on Xbox was what Phil was teasing with his Switch in the video?!

I like FF too, bought FF7R day one. Will do the same with the sequel and FF16 probably.

Tell me about it… I love FF.

But Sony is doing this to starve Xbox from Japanese games, they want it to be their thing, JRPGs = Sony.

In my opinion it would be better if Sony acquired Square and directly funds their games, upping their quality and stuff, better that just paying to keep it from other consoles. Timed exclusivity doesn’t add anything to the game, and just takes from others.

2 Likes

Aside that you can’t build a community if you don’t release the games - like with Yakuza it is kinda hard to expect to sell gang busters and if all the previous games were not even on xbox - MS did not invest in Japan enough last and at the end of Xbox 360 era.

Hard to tell because this game is available on Switch/PC/Stadia.

No Playstation does not care about JRPGs in general all they care is FF = Playstation and it works

embarrassing

4 Likes