XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

Happy new year present :slight_smile:

Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla

Just beat Yakuza: LAD, and it might be my suprise GOTY contender. I just got Fenyx, but wondering if I should give Watch Dogs another try since itā€™s on a good sale price

1 Like

game is pretty fun, but I remember trying to revisit it and it was hard to remember the controls

1 Like

Yeah I probably would struggleā€¦ I want to play the season 3 add onā€¦ but 50ā‚¬ is too much.

1 Like

Haha, gratz man. You will have fun :wink:

Thanks. Canā€™t start the new year any better. :joy:

Thanks. I definitely will.

1 Like

I guess so? I suppose the over-arching story is so complex at this point that ā€˜finishingā€™ the game is essentially wrapping up the story of the historic protagonist you play as, but because the game doesnā€™t want to force the present day story down your throat, you are never really sure if you have finished.

I made a post on the subreddit and people are still struggling to give me a clear answer. Some people are saying I also have to kill all the order of the ancient and do the Asgard storyline, which sounds like BS because thatā€™s obviously side content. Really poorly designed ending imo, so anti-climatic.

Think the game drags too much and they decided to hide too many side quests behind the make friends in every area questline.

I finally retired my S8+ and bought a S20+, which arrived today. Canā€™t wait to take advantage of xCloud on this screen!

1 Like

A little teaser: weā€™ll be organizing our first XboxEra Game of the Year community vote soon. In preparation for this, the staff of XboxEra has combined their excellent taste in video games ( :sweat_smile:) to create an XboxEra Game of the Year Staff list. Which could work as inspiration how to make your own listā€¦ or how not to.

So, start thinking of your favorite 2020 games! :wink:

4 Likes

After finishing Shadow Complex for the first time, Iā€™m keeping this old-ass train rollingā€¦ Iā€™m in the thick of it with Half-Life 2 for the first time. Iā€™d bought it on 2 platforms, owned it since 2004. Tried twice in the past and never got past Ravenholm. But third timeā€™s the charm. I think Iā€™m about 60% through?

2 Likes

Are these going to be Xbox-specific or just games released in 2020?

This seems to be the thread for itā€¦

Spent NY eve with my brother and his family. We played some Fall Guys and itā€™s quite a fun game. All I want to know is when I can finally play it on my favorite black box?

I thought for sure that was gonna happen at the Game Awards. Canā€™t be too far away.

Yeah, good point!

Wasnā€™t it this guy where the dev said if people on Xbox and Switch want it, they need to let it be heard?

Weā€™re aiming for overall gaming at the moment.

Certainly one of the most impressive games I have ever played, and for sure my supreme goty! :grinning:

photogenic boy :joy:

Cyberpunk definitely does not deserve the treatment he is getting. I hope CD Projekt will fix it, and a ā€œCyberpunk 2077: Definitive Editionā€ version will be released as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Happy New Year everyone! Canā€™t wait to see what surprises 2021 has in store for Xbox.

Nice. Excited to see it.