XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

Haha, some devs are better than others :wink:

shhh don’t give GameRant any ideas… :confused:

1 Like

Came here to say that I played a match on MCC and like always I perform superb and my teammates let me down lmaooo.

1 Like

I sure hope it’s just something he says in general, because many of the announced games look to be ticking those boxes. Unless he’s in the know much more about these titles, but I don’t think I should see it like that. Because if that were the case, he wouldn’t have said how ambitious MS is with future projects.

If he was just speaking in general, I think he was saying what tons of Xbox fans/gamers in general would love to see from Xbox. AAA with amazing visuals but also content finished and not like a game preview. If he’s hoping that for State of Decay 3…we’ll see. Can’t say I am the most hyped about that studio. But that’s just one game, several others DO tick those boxes.

1 Like

Can someone explain the whole optimisation on External / Internal to me?

My understanding was that you would not be able to play Series X/S games or optimised games unless it was installed on Internal.

I’ve just booted up the Division 2 and found that it has received the optimisation patch and is running at 60. It’s installed on External.

I don’t feel like it’s clear on what works, what doesn’t and how affects the game.

I belive GDK only games run on SSD only while Gen9 aware (which is what the Division 2 probably is) doesnt need it.

1 Like

Another one with the “AAA=cinematic-realistic graphics-story driven-3rd person camera-sad dad/daughter-linear-important” view of things. Sigh.

1 Like

I put everything I actively play on the internal, optimization or not. External is just for storage.

my charitable interpretation of his tweet as well haha, let’s just leave it at that. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Exactly this I don’t get where this discussion is coming from all of a sudden. Infinite proofs that they totally understand this. People seem bored and have nothing else to talk about it seems.

2 Likes

But I’m not confident enough to say SoD 3 will be like that. Sure, the budget will be higher but I wouldn’t exactly consider UL to be a top Xbox studio. Maybe they can become one though. Same with Everwild, it’s not a guarantee that it will release full of content, just a completely finished product unlike Sea of Thieves was at release. I hope so though.

I have more confidence in NT, Obsidian, inXile, Playground, TC, all Bethesda studios, etc to deliver a full fledged product and worthy of all that Jez mentioned.

1 Like

Microsoft understood that games needs polishing after lats year’s June showing, and the whole industry, including Microsoft, now understands the gravity of the situation when you release a: .unpolished .unfinished .broken game Like CDPR did.

CDprojekt will take a good while to be on their feet again after that, and I’m sure that no one in this industry wants the same fate.

I clearly remember Matt Botty saying that he asked undead labs what would they like to improve the most for state of decay 3 and they said to him that they wanted the best industry animators, as they wanted to focus on animations a lot. Let’s see what comes out, but I expect a much better game in terms of graphics and polish.

2 Likes

going by what Klobrille has suggested, Everwild too shall have some sort of flighting before the actual game releases, like Halo Infinite or to an extent, Grounded. I suspect Rare doesn’t want to make another SoT launch type mistake again and test the waters first (ba-dum-tss). Personally, I am still skeptical of the idea that Rare shall be making and managing two different co-op multiplayer experiences at the same time, I HOPE Everwild has a strong singleplayer focus to it as well. Jez says he thought it’d probably be a survival game which yikes if true lol, but I doubt it.

And yeah, studios like UL and Compulsion specifically don’t have the sort of prestige these other first party studios have, so they’re definitely gonna be the ones having to do some extra work to “catch up” and I hope they do. Phil seems super excited about Compulsion’s game so hope we get a glimpse of it this year, they’re the only studio of which we have NO idea what the fuck they’re doing. We don’t know what InXile is gonna do specifically but we still know it’s gonna be an RPG, Compulsion is gonna be that Dark Horse. And I hope Undead Labs perhaps finally finds a good footing with funding and time and resources and talent and we get a solid SOD3, doesn’t have to look like the next Naughty Dog technical marvel, the game just needs to be solid, content rich, run well without much issues and it’s gonna be great.

Well said!

As for Everwild. Yeah it seems we have two people saying different things. Klobrille said action/adventure with co-op if I’m not mistaken and Jez is thinking of survival. The question is, who is guessing here and who knows more. I lean towards Klobrille knowing more.

Survival doesn’t exactly get me hyped either but that is based on games like Ark, Grounded and games like that. They just aren’t my jam at all. I am hoping for a real story focus in Everwild, because if not and it’s just gathering resources, building stuff etc…i would be disappointed. I quite freaking love the style of the game, the world, the animals, atmosphere.

However, maybe they can find a good balance. Have a story focus (hopefully possible to play solo too) and some survival elements.

1 Like

Because pre-rendered/CG trailers that in no way indicate how the game will look are as old as time

5 Likes

having said that, I FUCKING HOPE Everwild looks like the July trailer, pls. It’ll be one of the most STUNNING games this gen if it actually lives up to that trailer’s art direction, character design, the sheer fluidity and richness of it all.

I’d argue Sea of Thieves looks better than it did in it’s first trailer personally.

That’s one area Rare I feel has never had any issues with. Even BAnjo Nuts and Bolts was one of the best looking games on 360. On a technical level, Rare continue to be one of the best in the business.

7 Likes

yep, the kind of look their games have is timeless!

2 Likes

Everwild strikes me as an evolution of what they were doing in Viva Pinata where you help and direct creatures with a big Action/puzzle focus. I think Rare’s just being obtuse because they want to gauge if they can get away with a combat free game. Just a hunch as a combat free, puzzle focused open world/single player but “co-op if you want” could be really special. Like, if thatgamecompany (Sky, Journey) were given a really nice budget.

5 Likes