XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

this is kinda dope ngl

3 Likes

I remember Ryan McCaffrey writing about them doing this exact thing as Microsoft HQ years ago, but this is the first time Iā€™ve ever seen video of it working in action.

Itā€™s one of those things that is probably useless, no one will ever do this, but at the same time SUPER COOL.

1 Like

itā€™s about the principle and philosophy of preservation of the medium more so than filling a need in the market as it stands today. All these ā€œlol who plays old gamesā€ Playstation folks (literally includes the damn head of Playstation itself) always get this mixed up and then suddenly realize, theyā€™re being sold on PS3 remakes and remastered versions of games that arenā€™t even more than 2 years old.

1 Like

Tales of Arise development progressing well, second half of seriesā€™ 25th anniversary year will be more exciting than first half - Gematsu

uhm so second half next year tales of arise? the wait :frowning:

They said they decided to celebrate the 25th Anniversary for two years, and that the second half will be more exciting, meaning the second year. And the second year starts now I think, meaning Tales of Arise could release any time in the coming year. A bit confusing, but thatā€™s what I think theyā€™re trying to say.

1 Like

One of the main issues with my series x is that every now and then it decides to boot up in like 640p mode and I gotta do a full shutdown to fix it.

Also the Gears 5 download this morning off the goop. Just randomly downloading while being at 100% so watch me have to cancel the install which is gonna result in the whole game being uninstalled.

ohhh good to know -

I need some good game suggestions. My wife wants to play more games with me. Sheā€™s not normally a campaign person but to be honesty I donā€™t think sheā€™s really played one. Weā€™ve put 100 plus hours into Fortnite, overcooked and Mario kart each. We are going to start with Halo but I donā€™t know whether to start with the first one or whichever one would be the most fun to her. So I guess Iā€™m looking for thoughts on that and what to play after Halo. Any suggestions are welcome and split screen isnā€™t required as I have two Xboxā€™s in the house.

If you like escape rooms you should definitely give Call of the Sea a shot. Its relatively short as well, that might be a plus.

Is that co op?

Technically itā€™s one player, but you can work together figuring out the puzzles. I played the game with my 10 year old son and had an absolute blast. If you wife wants to have a control in her hands you can always use the ā€œCopilotā€ feature on the Xbox so you can both control (fight over) the character.

Halo 1 is great for co-op. Itā€™s not overly complicated and the gameplay is still solid.

Other great co-op games imo are games like Diablo 3, Torchlight I,II,III, and Lego games (itā€™ll give you great insight into the long term viability of your relationship :smile:). You could also check out games like Please, Donā€™t Touch Anything. Itā€™s single player, but I think itā€™s more fun with 2 people trying to figure out the puzzles.

Iā€™ve just bought the Dolby Atmos license for headphones and it is amazing! Iā€™m excited to try the new Gears 5 campaign DLC later today!

1 Like

This is so cool, insane really that this works!

1 Like

Game Pass co-op suggestions:

• SoT
  • Grounded
  • Drake Hollow
  • A Way Out (EA Play)
  • Unravel Two
1 Like

Have you played A way Out? its avaliable with E Play :slight_smile:

First impression on Dragon Quest 11: the most classic JRPG you could play. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Just fired up the Outriders demoā€¦ the splash screen has an Oodle logo on it on XSX. Guess the PS5 doesnā€™t have some random secret sauce access to third party compression techniquesā€¦ Who could have predicted? Lol.

1 Like

Outriders???

You can sign up through the insiders hub for a limited population demoā€¦ active now.

Runs like trash though. I had half a dozen crashes in 30 minutes. But looks promising Iā€™d they can sort that out. Obviously lots of work to do before a February launch with COVID thoughā€¦