Xbox Wire: Xbox Series X|S are the only next gen consoles to have full RDNA2

BOom!

19 Likes

Yep, there is no doubt left now.

8 Likes

Is the PS5 not complete RDNA 2 confirmed?

Expected, but nice to finally have it official.

Guess we can assume that all the non confirmed features are indeed missing from ps5 and that there are differences in the rt implementation as some developers hinted.

2 Likes

The xbox tweet says that xbox seriesX|S are the only next gen consoles with full RDNA2!

12 Likes

I miss read the tweet. Thanks.

Only thing missing is Infinte cache! But maybe XSX won’t require it because of the more G6 bandwidth.

Also, people still gonna wait for more solid confirmation.

This is huge

Now it makes sense why sony never went into great details about PS5 gpu specs. All we heard about was SSD SSD SSD!

2 Likes

They says all efficiency changes are presented. Amd presented infinity cache as one of the efficiency change.

Rdna2 is basically rdna 1 with changes to the CUs so they can be clocked higher and consume less. Ifnity cache for improving bandwidth performance and the DX12U hardware features.

Ms is basically confirming all that in SX/SS

It is what it is…

3 Likes

Annnnnd there it is. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As expected. Now, let’s enjoy the YT “influencers” Denial Show.

10 Likes

Basically, PS5 borrowed some things from RDNA 2, but not all, kind of a custom RDNA1-2 GPU. That gives more credibility to the rumour about PS5 that should have come out in 2019 already. It was even presented at the RDNA 1 conference from AMD.

3 Likes

The top tweet did make me giggle to myself, someone saying about how xbox is the only console that still uses aa batteries.

It’s almost like he is at the bottom of the barrel of excuses to try and put xbox down, that being said I personally prefer options, I use rechargable batteries anyway, so I always have a fully charged set ready to go when the ones I was using, run out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can someone explain to me what it means as if I was 5 years old?

What advantages does this give to the Series X|S over the PS5?

2 Likes

These technologies: DirectX Raytracing, Mesh Shaders, Sampler Feedback and Variable Rate Shading

6 Likes

Pretty certain that PS5 doesn’t support DirectX in any manner, so that makes sense. That is savage

1 Like

Hysterical how Github and all the rumors about the PS5 being a 2019 console OC’d to compete with a 2020 console like the series X keep showing to be true the more info we leanr about each of them.

Crazy, the Series X will be much more powerful then the TFLOPS measurement difference will indicate.

9 Likes

Jason Shierer and Geoff are going to swoop in any second to try and save Sony again with this bad news

12 Likes