Xbox Series X & S - Reviews

11 Likes

Can we turn this into the Xbox Series review thread so we dont get duplicates?

6 Likes

So everybody agrees the console is fantastic and its just missing exclusive games which we already knew about.

On the other hand Im not gonna bother sharing the Bloomberg article since Jason is showing his bias again and already blocked me for calling him out on disingenuous statements made to fuel console wars.

4 Likes

Amazing work on the review @Sikamikanico and @Predrag

Page looks slick.

3 Likes

Microsoft bills the Xbox Series X as the most powerful video game console ever, but that means absolutely nothing right now and probably won't for a long time, if it ever does. Verdict: hold off

— Jason Schreier (@jasonschreier) November 5, 2020

God, I can’t stand this salty Asshat…

7 Likes

A few important reminders.

• The games are coming
  • The tech is shaping up nicely
  • Early reviews are not the full picture. The Switch received divided reviews and was reassesed postively over time.
4 Likes

Did you see his follow up tweet? It does not make sense. He says hold off, but then says Ac:V feels like playing on a gaming pc and it’s incredible.

4 Likes

No I clicked an embedded tweet link I couldn’t see due to My blocker, it ended up being the above statement. I wouldn’t knowingly click on anything written by schreier!

2 Likes

Don’t have YT but have gaming site, Series X something not happening every year, so thinking about unboxing “Article” & review <3

Have great time XboxEra with Series X generation :tulip:

2 Likes

Yep, MS is having a terrible launch and launch window, games-wise, and it shows in the reviews. Such a shame, how could they be so unprepared (and no COVID is the not the be all end all excuse) ? A bad narrative is already starting to form around the new Xbox consoles. Still getting my XSX next week.

I would not use the word “terrible” tbh.

1 Like

I can see two type of people.

1. Rate a console with games.

2. Rate a console with not games.

He is simply rating the console with games.

Series S reviews seem really positive which is nice.

1 Like

I do not need a review anymore after so many weeks of previews. The console is ordered anyway and I am hoping that it arrives in time.

6 Likes

Same here. Following the stuff since December.

1 Like

So this just turned up :eyes:

8 Likes

Like I personally dont care that he doesnt like Microsoft but he is being disingenuous with the “means absolutely nothing right now and probably wont for a long time, if it ever does” statement. He knows what he is doing by fueling console wars over that. He knows Microsoft has tons of games coming so its all bull crap.

5 Likes
2 Likes

My main takeaway from the reviews. The console is getting 8’s and 9’s from reviewers with the major con being missing a huge game. If halo had launched with it, it would have been 9’ and 10’s which would have been a near perfect launch console. The fact that it can get 8’s and 9’s without a huge game tells you about the excellent engineering xbox has done with the console.

5 Likes

Agreed!