Xbox Series X:Mini Fridge Pre-Order 19 October

Boom was saying on his show that some nutcase reserved 160 units of these through Target.

Scalpers on overload.

Even more about this not being a limited item so don’t buy any from scalpers

2 Likes

That’s insane. I guess there’s really no way to circumvent scalpers huh?

They need to sell direct to gamers via a multi-tier weighted queue system that goes on for month(s). Where folks can register and check their queue wait time.

Set it up by region, gamer account creation date and enroll date. Then start distributed X-Units to the top Tier, Y-Units to the next Tier, and so on. Where the number of units per tier is scaled so the top tiers see more than lower tiers, where your longest time consumers see benefit. Then you rinse and repeat the breakdown for the next cycle. For instance something like 10,000 / 5,000 / 2,500 / 1,250 / 650 / 325 / 165 units for one distribution round. Do the same for the next round, so on and so forth until the direct demand is meet.

This way each tier sees progress and has a rough idea for when they will obtain the product. Most importantly, no one is shafted by scalpers.

they said they are going to be selling the bulk of them in stores later this year. That seems like the fairest way. You aren’t walking into a target and buying 200 xbox mini-fridges.

An individual store won’t have hundreds of anything.

The queueing system works for all high demand items, such as Consoles too. This is a system that once implemented will remove scalpers from tainting the buying experience for your direct consumers.

Scalpers still manage to sell Series X consoles by the tens to hundreds on eBay. Just spot check some of the accounts on eBay that have sold hundreds of Series X consoles.

not saying it wouldn’t solve the problem. but the reality is they aren’t doing that for their consoles I can’t see them doing it for fridges. They said they will be available in-store later this year and in 2022. that’s probably the best we are going to get.

1 Like

Yes. They need to do this for all their hot commodity items. This is something the PC GPU makers should implement too. They’ve been letting scalpers live off their products for years and years due to crypto-coin mining. It simply amazing me how we’re nearly into 2022 and not one technology vendor has an actually usable sales and delivery system for consumers.

EVGA does do this.

1 Like

Oh it’s bad I seen one on ebay for 1200

1200!? - LOL

Yea that blew my mind for a freaking fridge people have to be insane to think 1200 is worth it

Jesus the profit margins for the mini-fridges are even greater than the consoles themselves for these scalpers.

Agree

Scalpers be like.

scalpers

Some real “I’m so confused that people actually like Xbox” energy in this Kotaku article.

3 Likes

Every piece of custom HW MS has released have all sold out, except for the 20th anniversary headset where I am.

1 Like

I was so excited to actually snag one of these on Target in the seconds that they were available, will be great to have my drinks ready for playing through Halo Infinite :slight_smile:

Notaku is MEH in every single way. Just a bleh site.

I am developing a deep hatred for scalpers and their bots at this stage.

Almost got hit twice yesterday, missed out on the Xbox Series F(ridge) and then scalp-bots utterly hammered the Google Store while I was trying to order my Pixel 6 Pro. Many refreshes and wails of fury later I eventually managed to get one in the basket.

There has to be some better way of doing this.

Like with Xbox, couldn’t they reserve the first wave of things like this to people with XBL accounts that have existed for X number of months of something like that?

1 Like