Xbox Series X dashboard is confirmed to be running at 4K *Update* Nope, still 1080p

https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/1324427931523768320

I know there was a lot of concern before that it was 1080p

4 Likes

@Shpeshal_Nick lol

1 Like

Oh thank goodness. It’s too late to cancel my pre-order but I would have thrown the console in the garbage.

3 Likes

It’s not 4k, it’s 1080p. I’m sorry, but I’ll trust DF mor rover Ryan here, who confirmed it’s still 1080p.

1 Like

did they confirm this today?

This rollercoaster ride won’t stop, very anti-consumer

1 Like

Yeah they did. The reason being at a lower res with less going on, more memory is available to developers. They released their review today.

How is a UI resolution that hasn’t been quoted officially anywhere “anti consumer”? It’s a ui

Sarcasm

3 Likes

Dang it.

Disappointing.

Yup, sarcasm, sorry it wasn’t clearer.

Ahh, that’s ok then :slight_smile: Carry on! :slight_smile:

1 Like

tenor (1)

1 Like

I guess this wasn’t true? He deleted the post.

He was replying to me …its 1080p upscaled to 4k looks good apparently…confirmed by tom Warren

3 Likes

That is a very valid reason then!:slight_smile:

A 4K UI has to be one of the most useless dialogues that have happen this month.

7 Likes

i’ll take a smooth dashboard with quick resume over a 4k ui. I don’t spend much time on dashboard or in store, so this doesn’t affect me, and I think it’s a thing that doesn’t need this much attention

so it’s dynamic 4k?

Should be a good enough improvement over One X then. If this helps out developers…nobody should be against it.

3 Likes