Xbox Series X Console - What Features Are You Excited About?

You can only watch Dolby VISION via Netflix on One S(I think) and One X(Which I Have). There may be another streaming service, not sure. Huge movie buff and alot of 4K movies and the ones that have Dolby VISION, only play in regular HDR. I have a LG E7 as well. When you start Netflix, thats the HDR symbol and with regular HDR, thats the symbol. Just putting them for reference. I even unchecked HDR in my settings and left VISION on and the movie wouldn’t even play in HDR.

image image

I hope they allow YouTube streaming because I REALLY dont want to stream on Twitch. UNLESS they make it alot easier then it is now.

1 Like

I still prefer UHD disk over streaming. Fewer artifacts and much better audio. I didn’t realize One X didn’t support Dolby Vision in movies. I guess I glassed over it with the Atmos app promoting audio and video. Still, One X UHD disk playback on my C8 is better than any streamed movie I’ve watched.

1 Like

Thats the same for me.

Quick resume is big as I’m constantly jumping from game to game trying out all those GamePass releases. :slight_smile:

SSD expandable storage: So that small SSD expansion card will be great to take games on the go to a family/friends house without having to redownload them while you’re there. It probably won’t be cheap but it is what it is.

There’s alot more but one thing I’m keeping my eye on are future Xcloud implementations like being able to play a game instantly via Xcloud just as the download begins. That’s going to be another quality of life gamechanger for sure.

Quick Resume is on of the main reasons I will get the console at launch. I usually go back and forth between games and it will be nice not having to wait for it to load again. Plus there are times where im playing with friends but we take breaks because someone has to go do something. It will be nice to just have a game I can have already loaded and jump into then switch back when they get back.

I feel like the current system could be easily fixed if it notified you when an action was going to force quit the game and paused games didn’t auto update which also force quits the game.