Xbox Series S OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED, $299, £249. 512 GB NVME SSD, 60% Smaller than XSX, 1440p up to 120 FPS, Ray-Tracing, All Digital and More

That’s why I put the disclaimer about the fact I agree it is not enough. However, the point I was making is why do people think it is just an issue because it is digital console when it’s really not relevant because all games have to be installed to the hard drive. At this point all a disc is is a proof of license that you own the game.

SSDs are great but people will soon find out the cost of it in terms of expandability. I think the most economical way to get around it would be to buy a very large USB hard drive and transfer games back and forth as and when you need them.

1 Like

A huge amount of games will be from the BC catalog anyway, so those I will personally store where they are already now. On my external hdd connected via USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.0 in the old days).

Thinking about it a question popped up, if I play those games from the external USB 3.2 Gen 1 hdd does Quick Resume still work from the internal SSD? Does anybody know? (technically it could)

The difference between a digital console and one with a physical drive is getting smaller by the day. I mean how much do you have to download if you insert the Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves or the Latest Call of Duty disc?

I’m hoping there’s some kind of smart storage system for moving files between an external HDD and the SSD(s). I’m sure there will be a manual option like already exists today, but something optimized for the next gen platforms and that could smartly move files over as needed would be great. “Would you like to move this Xbox One game to the SSD for better performance” or “You haven’t played Gears 5 for 90 days, would you like to move it to the HDD?”

Yeah I think a box costing £100 more that’s a discless PS5 will do quite well even up against a £250 XSS in the UK, of course £100 is a difference but it will probably come down to gamepass to make that difference. Still not sure Sony will go that low though.

No it won’t be. You might think $100 is insignificant but history and economics says otherwise. Microsoft has targeted this price point for a very good reason and it’s because it is at the point a console starts to become mass market. People are more price consciousness at a certain economic demographic and it starts to become the deciding factor rather than any extra 'value ’ another product might have at a higher price point. This is true for consoles, cars, televisions, phones, graphics cards and pretty much anything you can think of.

7 Likes

Well, you have to buy games for the PS5 yes? Not so much on the Game Pass-machine. So with one game that is $150 more, 2 games is $210… You get the picture.

100$ is a lot for the target audience. This thing is for the mass market, not the hardcore enthusiasts who already made up their minds before pricing was announced. 299$ is awesome.

1 Like

Gamepass will not make a big difference. MS’ plan in the console business is , once again, wrong. I expect the digital ps5 to decimate the XSS, if it costs 400$. The only time I understood what MS was doing was during the Xbox 360 days. Anyway if Sony can sell the ps5 at 400$ then the XSS, with all its huge compromises, should have been 249$.

A 399$ ps5 will be for the mass market and you can bet on that. Watch it fly off the shelves.

They will both fly off the shelves.

Id like to be able to set up a queue or groups where, once I delete a current game from the SSD, it automatically moves over another game from the queue on the HDD.

4 Likes

That doesn’t sound like a bad idea. You should tweet Phil and make that suggestion :wink:

5 Likes

it’s going to be 499/449 or 499/549.

4 Likes

Clearly you are a troll based on all of your comments on these forums, lol.

14 Likes

They are kinda cute when so far away from their pack.

10 Likes

Gamepass IS a gamechanger.

XSS will fly of the shelves. I bet it will be the first to sold out. 299€ is impulse buy territory for next-gen. Casuals will jump in.

And no, PS5 will not decimate Series S | X. Not with that power and value difference, even with PS5 DE at 399$. And why the hyperbole ??

It’s better like that. Sony will lose part of its marketshare to MS, but it will be better for all gamers. Everyone wins. Why is it so hard to understand for some ? I don’t get it.

6 Likes

@Jeans

Why the hyperbole? Console warrior bs language buzzwords don’t you see? “Decimate” like as it was Braveheart lol

200 (1)

:valle:

3 Likes

@The_Xboxer

Yeah, I know, it’s like they are waving a big sony flag. Not subtle at all.

And I’m here playing Metal Gear Solid on a PSTV sitting on my Xbox One X with a PS4 controller, like what are you talking about ??

They are so entrenched in their own delusion.

2 Likes

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. The HDD drive doesn’t need to be involved with the storing/resuming.