Xbox Series S OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED, $299, £249. 512 GB NVME SSD, 60% Smaller than XSX, 1440p up to 120 FPS, Ray-Tracing, All Digital and More

Yeah this is a point I’m surprised hasn’t caught on more. What are the difference in file sizes between 4K and 1080P assets today? I don’t know the exact percentage but 4K downloads are always larger.

Also SSD files could be much smaller. Theoretically could be 1/3rd smaller if developers put in the work to have different files for SSD games. They don’t need the repeated assets like they do with mechanical drives. Sometimes assets could be on the same file 6 times in order to be retrievable quicker on HDDs.

1 Like

Of course, no one knows how successful Series S will be, because this kind of console hasn’t been done before at the start of a new generation. I love that Xbox is shaking things up this time and in my opinion this box looks great! The more I look at it, the more I like it. Combine the hot looks with that sweet 299$ price tag and you got a great product on your hands. I also love the special edition potential for this box. Sooner or later I will get the S as a 2nd machine.

To add to that, the sentiment I got online is people love how tiny the formfactor and price is. Haven’t seen this much positivity for anything Xbox-related in a long time. So yeah super excited for the launch in less than 2 month!

4 Likes

Hey, I mean this in a friendly way - can we please not refer to women as girls? Especially when we’re talking about someone like Liz Hamron, who is a corporate vice president at Microsoft and the head of the entire Xbox hardware team. It comes across as disrespectful or dismissive, IMO, though I’m guessing you didn’t mean it that way.

On topic: yes, good catch :slight_smile: I hope they do some cool things to help with space management.

4 Likes

Im sure the point has already been made but remember, part of the reason MS has been so vocal about its “Smart Delivery” system is because it’ll directly effect game sizes. A game on the Series S (with no 4K textures etc…) will absolutely be smaller than the same game on the Series X.

2 Likes

Exactly. Take Borderlands 2 for example. The game is 27.95 GB and you can download a separate Ultra HD texture pack that weighs another 7.66 GB. Theoretically we will only download what the console needs with Smart Delivery. That’s a huge difference. In Borderlands’ case, the texture pack alone is responsible for 21.5%.

Heh. It is in times like these that we truly understand how needed this forum really is.

2 Likes

Agreed✅

4 Likes

I definitely didn’t mean in any demeaning or disrespectful way, in my group of friends/family it’s a loving way to referring to each other (and not just girls, we use boys a lot too)

But I can see how can it be seen as disrespectful, so sorry about that, will try to avoid that in the future.

3 Likes

SS and SX have been designed to sandwich a $399 ps5.

If the ps5 comes at that, that’s the exact scenario Ms wanted to be in, anything higher than that is just an extra advantage.

Of course, that does not mean SS will come out on top or anything like that. It’s very possible it fails to capture the audience.

But this is the scenario Ms wanted and defined their strategy against. Not some situation they ended up unwillingly.

But it has helped. There has been multiple reports in many countries of xbone sales seeing a sales surge since S and gamepass.

And that’s for a console no one wanted because of the bad press.

It will be definitely have an even greater effect right at the start of the generation. For a brand new console that is a much better position than xbone was against ps4, and with all that available right from the start.

Enough to turn the tables? No. But it doesn’t need to.

3 Likes

Has Game Pass helped Xbox sell more consoles? Maybe.

Has Game Pass helped Xbox achieve their two best years for the division? Definitely.

4 Likes

-enter website name- : Xbox Series X is big and tall, here is the top 5 reasons why not to buy it.

-enter website name- : Xbox Series X maybe the most powerful console ever, but does that matter when it’s that big?

-enter website name- : Xbox Series S might be cheap but does that mean the games will be good?

-enter website name- : Xbox Series S is the smallest Xbox ever, but does this mean it is also the weakest ever?

Can’t wait to start my new website, do you guys think I’ll get many clicks?

4 Likes

Yes indeed.

1 Like

all of the clicks lol!

1 Like

Its amazing the attention the Series S is getting, my work colleagues who are not exactly enthusiast gamers were speaking of getting it. Price is still king over here in the UK.

These are people that are a full generation behind on consoles.

3 Likes

The price definitely covers a big christmas present for a couple of kids here, my brother has a 360 and never played X1/PS4 but he says he’s getting one for Christmas as well.

1 Like

Fellow Brit here and yes £250 for a next gen system is quite frankly ridiculous and is sure to resonate with a lot of parents this Xmas. I do predict Xbox will make a bit of resurgence in the UK this gen since the price is right and also the 360 was really popular in the UK.

Lol we can go on and on and on. I think you’re onto something. You just need a press card and some glasses to make you more serious and you’re ready to go.

Forgot to find a name for you website. What about Weaboo Gaming?

Lmao

We Luv Gamin or WLG for short :wink:

Sorry already taken lol games/gaming maybe you can negociate the terminology

https://www.we-luv-games.com/

1 Like

omg no way lmao, time to acquire that company! off to speak to my lawyers now.

Quick bring the briefcase! Lmao

1 Like