Xbox Series consoles to top NPD in revenue for the first time in June

No doubt in my mind as the exclusive output increases in both quantity and quality things will change dramatically for both GP and hardware.

Honestly, I could see them keeping it at 300 this year for black Friday, and then if you buy one, you get a code for 3 months of game pass from the retailer or something. Keeps the price up, gets more peoples feet wet to game pass, and has a $45 msrp free. Dunno though.

Pretty damn impressive considering, unlike Sony and Nintendo, you can play Xbox games in various ways without the need of a console (PC, Cloud).

2 Likes

Yeah but unfortunately the series S is never going to do thst well. Most of the demand is for the X. Just about every territory x outsells s 3 or 4 to 1. Even in Japan where the s is more compact and cheaper the X outsells it by 2 or 3 times weekly.

Yeah you can. But let’s be real. gamers will get an Xbox. I don’t see cloud gaming as a substitute for xbox gaming. More of a luxury supplement.

There was a presentation by the xbox hardware team before launch and they said it will really hard to reduce price for the xbox series consoles. I think we won’t see any price point changes for years.

1 Like

Over the course of the generation, the XSS will far outsell the XSX, it’s just facts, even Phil knows this and has admitted to it. Right now XSX is more in demand because enthusiasts are the ones who buy consoles at the start of the generation, and enthusiasts prefer the XSX. The casuals shall come in later in a barrage and take the sales crown lol, it’s happened throughout history and zero reason to believe it won’t happen again.

Also, I remember reading Series S the more popular console in Japan, you sure the XSX is selling that much compared to the S? You have a source for this?

4 Likes

Far as I know nobody has any data on X/S splits. Not sure where yours is from but best to offer up the source so we can examine it.

1 Like

You realize both those markets are supply constrained, right? Every Xbox that gets sent to Japan or the US gets sold whether it is an S or an X. There have been weeks in Japan when the S has sold more than the X simply because in those markets Xbox is supply constrained.

1 Like

Go look up any famitsu data which is from official source. Also the launch sales are there too

No chance. Sorry the s won’t outsell the X.

And

Lifetime sales in Japan for x is under 45k 15k for S

Pricing will become a bigger factor as the not casual adopters join in and we don’t be seeing as much on the way of cost reductions as we have seen in the past. They’re is definitely a chance that the S could play a bigger role in the future.

I don’t doubt the X outselling the S right noe (by a wide margin) but I don’t think we can use data from Japan to prove that point. Its an extreme niche there, which means the people buying it at most likely the hard core.

1 Like

How can we definitely say the S wont outsell the X like 7 months into the console gen.

Once the S gets lower pricing on sales I got no doubt its gonna fly off the shelves.

6 Likes

A series S Halo bundle or a Starfield bundle would sell like crazy.

2 Likes

Sure. Let’s come back to this post three-four years into the generation and we’ll see. :relieved:

2 Likes

My sister and nephews were over at my house recently. Obviously the boys wanted to play the new Xbox. I told my sister to make sure to buy her kids the $500 version and not the $300 version because it’s better, she looked at me like I was crazy. She said $500 is a lot of money, so yeah, those kids are definitely getting the Series S lol.

Because at the end of the day. People would rather buy the disc compatible more powerful series console

I don’t understand the logic that the S will sell more because it’s cheaper. It’s a lower spec system and doesn’t have a disc drive and less storage space. There’s a market for the S sure but that market is not the dominant one. The series X will be the console People look to if they want an Xbox series console.

Yeah well do that but I’m pretty certain the s will get an upgrade in the future too and become the All digital X and they’ll just fade it out.

Just like how despite switch lite being 100 bucks cheaper. The normal switch continues to outsell it more than 2 to 1. People rather spend more to get more.

I don’t understand why people think the series s will become the most popular xbox console. All evidence points to it won’t be. It’s far more readily in stock compared to all other versions of ps5 and series x.

The demand isn’t there yet.

The thought is the more price conscious consumers buy latter into the generation, when prices drops. There aren’t as many ways to drop the prices of these consoles as there have been in the past (the xsx may never hit $299 for example) so having a lower cost of entry is important.

2 Likes

Again. The series s being discless will hurt it.

I think a series x without a disc drive will phase the series s out.