Xbox Projects and Timelines Thread | Official and Rumored List (65 and MORE TBD)

Added an update at the bottom of the main post highlighting some launched* games. Let me know if I missed anything noteworthy.

2 Likes

Why did you include third party multi-platform games at the end? Kind of takes away from this topic being about Xbox projects via Microsoft, Bethesda and Global Publishing.

Part of the bottom just noticeable launches overall where xbox had a part in. I can remove it if People dont like it.

Yeah let’s just keep it “first party” stuff.

1 Like

Will take those out then. What about stuff like ascent?

1 Like

Like pg2g says, let’s keep it first party. After all, that’s what this topic is about. :slight_smile:

The Ascent should be removed as well since it’s not a first party game.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty great thread, OP! Thanks for it @javycane.

Amazing thread, @javycane

1 Like

Great OT @javycane, if I may, other than AoE 3 expansion - The African Royals, AoE 2 DE released in 2021 Lords of the West (january) and Dawn of the Dukes (august).

1 Like

Great thread @javycane .

You know what would be amazing?
MS could show an official roadmap for every game announced, on the anniversary show.

I know that games get delayed all the time, but make a vague timeline with years to only just give people an idea of the absurd quantity of projects and games coming.

@Klobrille could even work with them again for this even.

2 Likes

At least 10 games on this list are speculative.

There is no evidence that Obsidian want to/can actually release a game every year, and Wolfenstein 3 is inferred based on interviews and job listing.

The OP says so and even provides a key (Italics) to identify speculative games.

8 Likes

Obsidian has released a game every 12-18 months before Xbox bought them and have grown a ton since then. They also have 4 known projects in development, none of which are speculative, Avowed, The Outer Worlds 2, Sawyer Project and Grounded.

As far as Wolfenstein 3,there is no inferring. Pete Hines said they are making it 3 years ago.

5 Likes

They just happen to be in a situation where they can release one every year for the next 4 years, and is purely coincidental. That is because they have 4 games in active development - Grounded, Avowed, TOW2, Project Missouri.

Jez made it sound like it’s a goal for them for the next 7 years.

1 Like

Hmm, true.

I don’t know how - unless their planned roadmap is more than what we are aware of.

True that there are four known games in development. There have been rumors they have 6 in active development though. More small teams.

We’re talking about 2026, 2027, and 2028 so plenty of time for that. You’d be getting Avowed 2 and maybe other sequels in that time frame.

In terms of pure efficiency - Obsidian and Arkane might be the most hyperproductive and super talented, now.

1 Like

I literally highlight whats speculation and whats confirmed.