Xbox Projects and Timelines Thread | Official and Rumored List (65 and MORE TBD)

Another potential project might be coming down the lines with 343 working with external devs. This is a new job posting from September (way different description than the one people thought might signal they were working in house on another game in February).

1 Like

I’m gonna have the hottest of takes:

Microsoft should make this public.

Sony gets easy PR wins showing off a ****ing logo with Haven, Devivation and Firewalk, and say nothing other than “We making a game”.

Microsoft should do the same thing.

Say “We’re teaming up with Brass Lion games for a brand new Action RPG”

JUST DO IT.

GO FOR THE EASY PR WIN./

1 Like

Thing is if they cancel just 1 game, the headlines will be “Xbox cancelled yet another game, can they actually release games?”

7 Likes

So don’t cancel them.

4 Likes

Props @javycane.:green_heart:

Excellent stuff, finally a worthy contribution from javy that won’t be flagged to death. :wink:

2 Likes

Somebody should copy this list and post it on OtherERA to spread the word.

:eyes: Lookin’ at you @DeoGame :eyes:

2 Likes

Well… if you wanna put it that way…

One flag for each game listed.:wink:

For real though, this is a huge list!

1 Like

There are projects on this list that I just discovered were a thing, like minutes ago. What the hell

1 Like

If Xbox plans to sit on Fallout and Doom that would be insane. Is there no rumor of new games for those two ip?

Isn’t there rumors of iD maybe focusing on a female protag Doom next? That’s all I can think of. But tbh these are the kind of IP that done need rumors cuz we can kinda be sure they won’t not get any new entries for long. Doom is easier to say but Fallout might sadly have to wait due to bgs being busy with Starfield and TES6, but maybe other studios can be handed the IP but I doubt that for now.

Excellent topic and very well done. This by the way would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would just love to know when these games are actually dropping because the way they’ve been teased make it seem like they’re far out but surely they couldn’t have that many games only just now starting dev or early stages lol.

Bethesda studios should definitely be allowed to work on their current projects but if I was in charge I wouldn’t let big franchises sit on the shelf being unused. Branch off studios or do what Nintendo does and get other companies to build the game. When Nintendo didn’t have the resources to work on Smash Brothers they got Namco to build it, even though Nintendo was busy with other projects they knew they couldn’t let their big property sit dormant. Most general public won’t care who builds the next Fallout or Doom so long as the quality is there.

1 Like

The female protag rumor was for Quake

We just had a gen come and go without any major TES game Im sure nobody will die if Fallout takes a break.

1 Like

Naah, I am referring to Dooms game director, the Chad looking buff guy who’s name I forgot talked about in an interview I think, how a female Doom in the future would be cool when asked where the story could go next now that Doomslayer’s is over.

Oh I see, that actually does sound familiar

1 Like

What about Pete from Grounded when Microsoft forces the 13 dev team to jump ship and make Fallout 6

1 Like

Im fine with Fallout taking a break

We’ll be getting sci-fi/space along with ES6 classic medieval/fantasy this gen from BGS, both are infinitely more interesting than FO’s destroyed wastelands

But my interests aside, not taking advantage of a massive IP like that if you can isn’t smart, im thinking they’ll expand the 76 team and let them start work on a new Fallout when they are done with 76, I cant see them leaving that franchise until after ES6