Xbox Positive Comments Thread

I was so excited when this forum was started as a more welcoming place for Xbox fans to talk, and it is still going to be a great place in some threads for people to have even some of the more uncomfortable discussion about opinions on execution, marketing or whatever.

BUT the world has enough annoying negativity coming at us constantly for there not to be at least a thread where people can just post positive things about Xbox without having to sift through such negative sounding stuff because there are actually a ton of cool things to be talked about.

I will start off by saying that the 2020 run of Xbox Game Studios title releases in terms of overall quality, sheer variety and interesting gameplay content is absolutely mind-blowing to me and quite literally unmatched by any publisher in such a timeframe that I can ever recall at least:

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Gears Tactics
  • Minecraft Dungeons
  • Grounded (Game Preview)
  • Flight Simulator
  • Battletoads
  • Tell Me Why
  • Wasteland 3
12 Likes

Xbox definitely has a lot of work to do to rebuild confidence and their image, but to me Game Pass has become the best thing in gaming, for the type of gamer I am.

I’m playing Wasteland 3 right now, a quality game I probably would’ve never played without GP. Ori is probably still my GOTY, I’m still playing Minecraft Dungeons and Battletoads.

If Halo Infinite, Forza 8 and Horizon 5, Avowed, Hellblade 2, Fable and more are all high rated quality games, the value of Game Pass will become absolutely ridiculous.

3 Likes

Yep, Wasteland 3 may not have been in a genre that would have interested me before. But Xbox Game Pass has had me try some other games in that genre, and now I can’t wait to play Wasteland 3 later today! It is my birthday today too, which is a nice present :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, Happy BDay! Never played an inXile game before, but so far Wasteland 3 is very good (still super early).

I can’t wait to play with faster loading times and higher frame rates… Oh boy that dirt 5 at glorious 120fps

2 Likes

Yeah Series X will be a crazy beast, but they’ve been doing a poor job of showing that power, unfortunately.

Yep, as great as Game Pass has been I ended up pre-ordering the Dirt 5 Amplified edition. And it was so awesome seeing that new “Playgrounds” feature that they showed yesterday during the Gamescom pre-show which is just going to be another cool thing to create crazy courses inside those arena settings and share with friends and such too.

1 Like

Thanks for creating this thread! I’m getting sick of seeing all of the Xbox hate wherever I go.

I agree, 2020 has been a really great year for Xbox. I loved Ori and the Will of the Wisps, it’s honestly my GOTY currently. I thought Minecraft Dungeons was pretty fun too. And the success of Grounded pleasantly surprised me. I never thought it would get as much attention as it ended up getting, but I am very happy with the positive response it has received. Microsoft Flight Simulator is a pretty innovative game, nothing like it has ever been created before. Recreating most of the world through satellite imagery is pretty revolutionary. I’m also looking forward to playing Gears Tactics whenever that hits Xbox. And all of this included in Xbox Game Pass, simply outstanding! I’ve tried out so many games that I would have never thought I would ever play. Love it.

Xbox’s future is looking pretty great too. While their 2021 lineup looks weak, I’m confident that Halo Infinite will turn out to be a great game. I’m also incredibly hyped for Psychonauts 2. I believe that Xbox will truly take off starting in 2022, since that’s when we’ll start seeing some great AAA experiences such as Hellblade II, Forza Motorsport, Avowed, Everwild, State of Decay 3, Fable, and more.

1 Like

Almost forgot Psychonauts 2, looks great! And yes, I’m curious to see what else they have in 2001, it’s pretty weak so far.

1 Like

I was told by a super secret source that they are planning to enter in the console market whit a box called directxbox and with a Futuristic space shooter about some rings.

lol

1 Like

Haha! It should look like a monolith, it might trigger some big advancements with human race!

I loved my time with Minecraft Dungeons, including the first DLC drop. The gameplay is really fun and fast flowing IMO, and the September 8th update and Creeping Winter DLC looks amazing in this update video today. The “Daily Challenges” could definitely have me putting this into rotation each day with something new to do just because I love the gameplay so much, and then the new merchants give more options to get things too.

1 Like

The forced positivity is corny. If genuine fans are dissatisfied, let them be down.

1 Like

The constant anger and concern is annoying, if fans want to have a good time and not find something to be mad about every single day let them.

7 Likes

It’s not forced positivity. No one is forcing anyone to participate in this thread. There are some things MS could still improve on, sure, but that goes for any company. And there are a lot of great things they’ve done or are doing that get lost in the negativity that some members want to wallow in.

It’s not about changing reality, it’s about changing what you choose to focus on. I commend the OP for this thread - I’m excited for what Xbox is doing and can bring in the future!

3 Likes

Great thread.

This is an Xbox fan forum, and it is only “forced” if someone decides to post in this particular thread. Oh, and the world could use a little more “corny” instead of the typical online discourse about most topics IMO :slight_smile:

1 Like

I joined the Xbox family in 2018 after E3, but have collectively played more on the One than any other system.

With the One, I’ve been able to play a ton more games at the fraction of the price and discover genres I didn’t even know I liked. As a college student in a country with a crummy exchange rate, it made a world of difference. Couple this with games being made by XGS in under-represented genres like Turn Based strategy and beat em up, and I’ve had a truly fantastic time.

I think MS needs to justify buying a Series X in the short term, but in the long run, the value they have created is undeniable and that will be reflected in their numbers. MS is forging an exciting new path breaking down barriers to gaming and investing in a diverse output of content that rivals that of Nintendo. The moves they make today will shape the industry forever.

3 Likes

I agree completely and im 100% confident that the entire admin/mod/site staff team will keep this site as a great place to discuss everything XBOX.

Game wise, im interested in three of the nine games listed but I agree that the overall quality and varied content is easily the best it’s been in the entire Xbox One generation. Since E3 2018, Xbox One has been on the upswing and improving with each year since then.

The three games im interested im playing once I pickup my Xbox Series X are Gears Tactics, Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Wasteland 3. Looking forward to all three games. There’s still more to come and I do believe that 2021 overall will be a good year as well when we look back at it overall.

3 Likes

Ori WotW is my GOTY so far, really cool game. I just started Wasteland 3, not really the kind of game I play usually but I like it so far!

1 Like