Xbox Positive Comments Thread

I played the original Ori but wasn’t good at it at all plus having to manually save killed me so many times. In Will of the Wisps, they solved my biggest issues with the first game by adding an “easy” mode, auto save and what looks to be far better combat and overall gameplay. I’m looking forward to playing especially at 120FPS in Native 4K with HDR. Hell yeah!!!

I only recently became interested in turn based strategy RPG’s and while Wasteland 3 looks a lot more in-depth than the few I have already played and completed, I know the game is great so I definitely want to play it. I am hoping they upgrade it for Series X though. And of course, Gears Tactics looks spectacular and im hyped to play that too!!!

2 Likes

There is a difference between dissatisfaction and concern trolling. I love to discuss that not everything is good. But after an event which was not that important for anyone (Gamescom is always the “filler” convention) to say that Xbox is doomed is weird. Some users compare Gamepass commercial with Xbox TV 2013 bs which is ridiculous.

A lot of people “escape” from resetera because of the concern trolling and I hope this does not happend in an Xbox centric forum.

7 Likes

Ori and the will of the wisps is amazing, I’m going to replay it on series x. Minecraft dungeons was good, wish I had the dlcs to play them too.

Series x is poised to be an amazing console, with awesome first party games. Can’t wait to get it and replace my one s with it.

Its a nice idea, but I think most threads here are positive.

1 Like

I do not know if we need such a thread.

But I also see that gamers tend to be pessimistic about everything about their hobby.

I just answered @Sikamikanico on twitter on his opinion piece because I do not understand some of the doom and gloom going on in the community.

We are midst a pandemic. Work from home and using cloud/online IT support can only cover some of the things that game development requires. A lot is lost and produces either more effort or time to achieve the same results as you would do it under normal circumstances.

But the most important thing is the tendency of gaming communities to freaking out about everything.

On one hand I read “Take your time, release your game when it is ready” but then the same community is complaining if a developers exactly execute on that principle.

Show me gameplay, show me trailers, even we all know the game is not ready for showtime.

Insane!

5 Likes

No matter what Xbox do - industry will never accept them as the best. Until they show up with a big number of Gamepass subscribers( which we don’t know when will happen) or they somehow surpasses PS in sales( which is not going to happen).

Even Xbox knows this, that’s why they aren’t even playing traditional console launches.

This is a good thing. I am glad this happened and now Xbox is focused on Gamepass, a low budget console (series s) and for the power crown series X.

They will make there own path towards success- a strong business plan which is highly dependent on regular user engagement.

Old pandits might not like- but xbox doesn’t see it’s success in beating his old competition anymore.

1 Like

Honestly, they need to start with more solid releases and keep that going which sounds very doable. It’s their own releases that define them at the end of the day, not fanboys taking hotshots at the platform.

They have two solid 90+ meta release this year. Wasteland is scoring better then Ghost of tsushima on meta as well.

But as I said, things will never be enough.

So better change the game and Target market differently. Edit: adding more

I think people overestimate the need of an exclusive which show " a next gen leap" .

People also really underestimate the power of having a Series X bundle with Cyberpunk/AC Valhallah and Destiny 2 Beyond Light. It’s really powerful partnership. People don’t buy PS4 at launch for Killzone SF, they buy it for FIFA/COD. They also have the All Access programm and are partnering with big brand like Walmart. I’m really confident about Series X sales. Majority of gamers don"t buy next gen console for a technical showcase of SSD/Teraflop, they just want to play their games (FIFA/COD/Fortnite/GTA V/Assassin’s creed) on a better hardware.

3 Likes

Not wanting to crush the party of positivity but the main issue they have is marketing and PR outside of the US (and maybe the UK). It is abysmal to say at least. Also how they do things is very often not the best fit for Europe. It may work in the US but not in Europe and definitely not in Asia. Common problem for US companies I guess.

3 Likes

No Doom or gloom here, and my piece wasn’t intended as such. I love what they’re launching. But that wasn’t the point of the opinion piece.

Microsoft don’t get to enjoy the latitude Sony do, in my opinion. They’ve absolutely made the case for Series X if you’re already an Xbox fan. If you’re not, then I’d argue they need to get better at presenting games.

Arguably, as I said, COVID has hurt them - has hurt the entire industry. But that being said, what we do get is not delievered in the way I think it should be.

I do think that ‘gamers’ to need to get better at differentiating criticism from negativity though! :wink:

That’s just my personal two cents. :green_heart:

1 Like

Yeah, in France we don’t have Xbox ads. But consoles are going to release in 3 months, they have to time market the hardware.

There is the intention, which you described but also the timing which was in the middle of another doom and gloom phase. Sometimes the timing overshadows the intent. Just sayin’

P.S. I also hope the piece was not born of that “click bait joke” I made on twitter :wink:

1 Like

That’s a fair comment and one I’ll bear in mind. But I’d also argue the sentiment is there because the community is feeling some confusion (as is the media) because of COVID. Its definitely the weirdest console launch yet!

But hey - in the spirit of the thread - I’m looking forward to the Xbox team lifting the lid on the big picture and showing us their vision of Gaming for the next decade in September. :green_heart:

3 Likes

100% agree with this.

I don’t have any issues pertaining to games. We got great games that released recently MSFS, Battletoads, and Wasteland 3, and the upcoming titles are going to keep us busy till next year also still having a huge backlog which will certainly keep me busy.

The only weak point is game marketing which to be honest has been very underwhelming and they seem to be too focused on the established markets, rather than expanding it.

Their hardware reveal and marketing has been fantastic, spot on and on point.

One thing I have noticed is they seem to focused too much on social media marketing which is good and all but you need it along with the traditional marketing akin to TV ads in non US UK regions. No everyone consumes media the same way as the hardcore does.

One more thing I feel like their marketing is not consistent they go on a marketing blitz and then go off the radar completely. They need to be consistent with marketing. Drop some extra dollars on getting your product out.

Other thing I would like to add is that I don’t think it the US company problem its a MS problem which is consistent with all their products.

Sometimes I feel they need to come out of their tech company mindset for a product that is clearly of a different industry and has a different user base altogether. It might overlap a bit but their approach has to change.

Probably doesn’t help that Wasteland 3 is multiplatform and the other game isn’t on Xbox yet.

I have never been more hyped for a console.

3 Likes

I like the Xbox logo.

4 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, and strictly speaking as a commentator on an enthusiast forum, negativity only emerges when I think about the near future (i.e. XSX launch (window) games) and to a lesser extent about minor, secondary stuff like communication strategy or drip-fed news.

On the other hand, talking about the present and what actually matters (i.e. games available to me now), I just couldn’t be happier with Xbox and Game Pass lately. I just know I can boot up my console and play tons of different games, genres I’m used to, other genres I’m not familiar with but very curious to try, brand new titles, old(er) and even much older ones, complete series and sagas, indies and AAA, you name it.

It’s incredibly convenient and exciting at the same time, and it’s something I’ve never really experienced before on any platform in my 30+ years of gaming. And this is just getting better and better every day.

3 Likes