'Xbox Partner Preview' Live Broadcast Scheduled for October 25 10am PT/6pm BST---No News on Titles Related to Acquisition of ATVI

I think for the most part it looked like a much better version of MGS3, the resolution and maybe some texture changing aside I think what we saw will be very similar to the final product.

2 Likes

Format was great. Didnā€™t like the showings though.

Feel the same way for any third party related shows, whether itā€™s SOP or this.

Imagine being the guy who expected PS to show the first look of MGS3 only for Xbox to do it. First, Satya calling CoD a first party title, now this. Itā€™s like trigger after trigger.

9 Likes

Remember the rumors of Blupoint makin the remake? Good times. Liking these smaller shows between the bigger ones, hoping they keep it up!

9 Likes

Iā€™m intrigued by Still Wakes The Deep

3 Likes

Finally got caught up on the show

I didnā€™t have big expectations but that was super solid, fantastic format and Iā€™m interested in pretty much everything shown

9 Likes

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1717239884518211762?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Oh wow. I thought it will be for a while.

3 Likes

Should be very interesting to see how it runs on XSX.

3 Likes

Bruh donā€™t have any hopes :skull:

Oh trust me, I reaaaaaally donā€™t :slight_smile:

Love the format. i think in the future what would help the show if they include gameplay of an announced Microsoft game or an unannounced game on the scale of hifi rush

my wife was excited for arc. maybe the game will be stable now. do we know when it comes out

Hard to say if the content is the flaw since it will vary to many, but the format and pace are great. I even like the intermission in between, reminder those what we have witnessed so far or those who tuned in late. Plus it gives them a spotlight like these games matter. I donā€™t need a narrative to tell me whatā€™s exciting; I want the game to tell me what. I also like when some has a graphic to tell anyone who is interested to look into their site for even more detail. Hereā€™s hoping more in the future.

1 Like

Early access for Series console is next month.

2 Likes

They knew to keep Metal Gear in the chamber for hype factor, so Iā€™d say itā€™s good to see theyā€™re understanding of that. Maybe in the future they start putting some first party content in here and there, I mean at that point they just made a Nintendo Direct, but thatā€™s pretty much what people told them they wanted, lol.

With all due respect, the people are idiots. Give me a big E3 presentation. Although I guess Xbox is so big now we can basically have both. Small directs AND a giant E3 .

as long as they continue to announce it a day or two before it happens they donā€™t need first party presence at the partner direct since expectations wonā€™t balloon. besides they have developer directs, and their ā€œe3ā€ show for that

3 Likes

I like the idea of the Xbox Partner Preview being third party games only. Developer Direct for first party games only and the Xbox Games Showcase/Gamescom/Tokyo Game Show for both.

I like it, I like it a lot. Best of all, keeps expectations in check while also allowing for a surprise here and there like seeing gameplay in-engine for Metal Gear Solid 3 remake. Microsoft has nailed their showcases this year. Just good to great across the board. Already hyped for 2024!!!

5 Likes

Itā€™s trending #4 and it has close to 20K likes. I say itā€™s a big success and hopefully weā€™ll see more of this.

1 Like

That was a nice show with lots of different games. I like how they have a Xbox Wire article ready about every trailer with more background information.

Yakuza Crossing looks very interesting and fun.

So Dungeons of Hinterberg is from an Austrian dev. Having local devs make games about their country is always nice.

The visual language of The Finals reminded me of Mirrors Edge on crack. Could be good.

Skipped the trailer for Alan Wake. I have already seen enough and donā€™t want to spoil any surprises.

Its from The Chinese Room. I got the same vibe from this trailer as from their most famous game Dear Esther: give me my time back, please.

Donā€™t ā€˜playā€™ Dear Esther, Xbros!

1 Like