Xbox One Collecting

Xbox One Collecting

Hi XboxEra,

I’ve been an Xbox fan since the Dreamcast dream ended and the Xbox era dawned. My game collecting has fluctuated over the years. But back in 2013 I collected all the “Day One 2013” branded Xbox items I could find I was flung into the amazing world of Xbox One… and I loved it.

A couple of years into the Xbox One’s life, I was enjoying the system so much that I had the crazy thought of collecting the complete set (I mean, how many physical games get released anyway?). So I looked all over the net for a list of physically released games and fellow Xbox One collectors… and am still looking to this day.

So here I am! On Xbox Era with a custom Excel Spreadsheet (where I attempt to track Xbox One physical releases) and a collection of Xbox One games that I love playing.

Physical games may be getting edged out by digital… but either way I have one hell of a launch library for the Xbox Series X!

Some facts to start the thread off:

• Xbox One physical games (that I know of - approximately): 757
  • Xbox One physical games scheduled to be released (approximately): 150
  • Xbox One physical games that I own: 374 (49% of all released physical games).

So, any other Xbox One collectors out there?

6 Likes

I was an Xbox collector you until this year. Unfortunately needed to start selling stuff of to make space and to save money eh for gaming purchases.

Had a whole bunch of LE 360 and One consoles I’ve sold off.

Even had the Halo Edition OG Xbox I just sold.

Yeah, console collecting is space (and money) expensive.

I mainly focus on collecting games but I was very tempted by the Minecraft Xbox One S - not because I’m a huge Minecraft fan, just because it looked amazing. I’m still rocking my Day One Xbox One OG and the Project Scorpio Xbox One X.

So you still have the gaming collection?

Yeah. Just muuuuuch smaller now

Xbox wise I currently have the Minecraft One S, Gears One X and Reach 360

1 Like

That, I’m jealous of. I still kinda regret not getting it - despite the fact it would have been hundreds of Australian dollarydoos for a self ornament.

1 Like

They were cleared out here repeatedly. Saw them on sale for $199AU repeatedly.

I have some controllers :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

I never was a collector and since the start of this gen I was all digital anyway.

Since I went pretty much all digital with Xbox One, I only collect 360 games as they’re so cheap now. So much amazing games sitting in the 360 store that never go on sale or will never make it to BC. Also want to pick them all up before that skyrocket in price.

1 Like

All digital but these Limited Controllers… I own far too many

1 Like

That’s quite the ambition there. :smile:

I used to be an avid collector of games. I had (and still have) over 300 NES games but gave up on tyring to collect them all. At one point I also had about 200 Playstation games, around 100 PS2, Xbox and Dreamcast games apiece, and i currently still have North of 100 360 games. When I bought a house and decided to get married I sold off the majority of my collection. And I decided to go all digital for the XOne and Ps4. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss having all those games, but oh well.

Out of curiosity, do you collect multiple versions of the same game? Like, the base game and the collector’s edition?

I almost got the gears 5 controller… ALMOST

I‘ve got:

• Minecraft Creeper
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Gears of War 4 JD
  • Gears of War 4 Omen
  • Gears 5
  • White Elite Controller v1

And my regulär Elite Controller v2, which is the only controller I am using.

I sold the Titanfall and Halo Controller (sadly)

Yeah, I doubt I’ll ever get the complete set, but the games sitting on my shelves do “bring me joy” so to speak so I’ll keep chipping away at it.

Also the fun of getting the lower print games, like physical versions I have of:

• Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Firefighters: The Simulation
  • Ducati 90th anniversary

Though I am thankful it’s not a Switch/PS4 situation where seemingly hundreds of games are released monthly! :laughing:

Not going for all variants, I have a self maintained list of each game and tick them off no matter which version I get. The idea being if I started my Xbox account again, could I replay the game? There are a couple of variants I have for DLC for games I love… Like Destiny.

Great thread. The only thing I collect in regards to Xbox One are the controllers (official MS releases only), I have most of them, started with Titanfall. I can’t find the Arctic Camo which was a recent release. Surprised it hasn’t been restocked.

This gen i went all digital so all I have are physical OG xbox and xbox 360 games.

Collecting controllers seems to definitely be the main go to for collectors that have gone all digital.

I got the Titanfall controller back in 2014 because I heard it was better build quality than the launch controllers (it was imo) but then only the elite V1 and project Scorpio controllers since then.

So if you are collecting controllers, will you continue with the Series X?

sometimes its nice we don’t have to worry about those Limited Run releases :joy:

Agreed, but it is a double edged sword. I’m glad I’m not chasing small print runs, but that is half the fun of collecting!

Recently, I’d say missing out on a physical Samurai Showdown collection was a bit of a disappointment.

1 Like

I have a decent physical collection even though as of lately I’ve been leaning a lot more towards digital. I’ll still be getting physical copies of the games I love to play, but for the most part digital is perfectly fine. I go back and forth between wanting to sell my collection or to keep it.