Xbox needs a studio dedicated to remakes

That would be a big undertaking. I think Morrowind would make more sense for that kind of treatment.

I don’t think so, Bluepoint has around 100 employees so it wouldn’t take that much to overhaull New Vegas

Yup, and they are all capable of (and busy) making new games not remaking old ones.

I’m all for remakes if that’s the best that the team os capable of.

I think if it was that easy to just go and find people to make these games they’d be doing it.

1 Like

Should Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob not remade Crash and Spyro? If they didn’t we wouldn’t be getting a new Crash game. If they didn’t we wouldn’t have gotten the Tony Hawk remake.

Should Bluepoint not remake Demon Souls? You said earlier that MS is lacking manpower, 100% false as they have thousands of employees and more than enough to put people on remakes without taking people away from new games

You’re extremely close minded

Nah, I’m not closed minded at all. I just prefer resources being spent on new games.

I believe remakes like the ones you listed are a good business move to help drum up interests in ‘dead’ franchises that a company wants to bring back to life and continue.

Bluepoint as a studio has only made remakes. So yeah, if thats what they are capable of then they should continue to do that. I think you’re kidding yourself if you think people wouldn’t rather be playing a sequel to Demon Soul’s next month instead though.

Fallout New Vegas is a much larger game than anything Bluepoint has remastered.

How does that work? Is Microsoft now able to clone devs? If you take some Rare employees to remake Banjo they are obviously missing on Everwild.

Remakes are something you can outsource with a little oversight. Since you aren’t designing game systems and art up from the ground floor, just need to find a team that’s technically competent. Generally doesn’t need to be a massive team either. I think the only question may be around which games make sense to remake. A game like Banjo does but maybe the better answer is to find a team to do a full fledged sequel.

Like others have said here, a Fallout Vegas remake would be outstanding. I think you could outsource that project.

I’m not sure if a remake studio is necessary, but I could see them build a studio or team to delve into previous IP. Whether that be a remake, reimagining, sequel, etc of a beloved IP.

We don’t need a New Vegas remaster I’ll settle for an enhancement patch like they did for Fallout 3

Fallout New Vegas is a modern looking game. Compare that to the other examples like Crash and FF7 when 3D was in its infancy.

Why do we need remakes/remasters when the backwards compatibility program is amazing?

I kind of disagree. Having a remake studio isn’t necessarily great as you have a jack of all trades which is quite difficult. Also look at what happened with 343, they went from remakes to tarnishing the HALO legacy. Sure I’d like to see a few games re-imagined like ADVENT RISING, NINJA GAIDEN BLACK, JADE EMPIRE and TOO HUMAN. However i think it would be better if a developer interested in such remake seeks it out as a one time thing.

I would love to see them get a bluepoint equivalent to remake some of their classic games

Upon further thought, remakes are best farmed out. There are only so many games in Microsoft’s backlog worthy of a complete remake. Being a great remake studio seems like it requires a different skillset than a studio making a new game.

1 Like

There really isnt many franchises or games under the Microsoft umbrella that really needs a remake.

Why do people say New Vegas when that game still looks and plays good. Just give it a patch and thats it.

1 Like

Yeah, New Vegas is still very modern. It isn’t like FF7 or Crash when 3D was janky.