Xbox needs a studio dedicated to remakes

Man, I would go nuts with New Vegas proper remaster. Damn, please MS make this happen?

2 Likes

Enhanced BC is amazing, but Iā€™m all for remakes as well, if only to stack achievements. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s probably cheaper to contract work for remakes than to have studio dedicated to it. However it is interesting theyā€™re only console maker that doesnā€™t have one since even Nintendo has Retro that works on remakes. I do think theyā€™re sitting on too many dormant IPs to not have modern remakes. Also itā€™s weird that only Microsoft doesnā€™t revisit IPs to have re-imaginings because there are too many IPs that need modern takes just look at Rare catalogue and xbox og. Also remakes do make pretty good money just look how well the sales for crash has been, and Iā€™m sure the work retro and other sony remakes sold a decent amount of units

Those are remasters, not remakes. You arenā€™t going to get a Spyro Reignited or Crash Nā€™Sane remake through backwards compatibility.

Why? They already have other developers to make things from scratch

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with filling out a role, if Bluepoint keeps making amazing remakes then Iā€™d rather they keep making amazing remakes rather than try to make something else just for the sake of it.

Yeah Iā€™m a bit baffled by this too, people here are implying that enhanced backwards compatibility = remake

Good luck getting this through enhanced BC

1 Like

MS is leaving money on the table by not releasing a remake of old games

Exactly, look at the FF7 remake, imagine if Banjo got that same treatment.

1 Like

This one too. Iā€™m curious to see what their upgraded engine looks like. Considering a Fallout sequel a long ways away, a Vegas remake would be incredible.

3 Likes

this is actually big system seller game if they do it for XSX/XSS

Retro hasnt made a game since 2013

To be fair Retro probably had to rescrap and restart development a few times over. Iā€™ve been waiting for that damn Metroid Prime Trilogy for years now (I still have the Wii steelcase version lol) Retro apparently nearly got the axe a few times too. Iā€™m glad that theyā€™re still around but I have to wait until like 2024 for a new Metroid Prime

I think that their current approach is potentially great. I would prefer to give it time to see what comes from that before making any more changes.

The current setup being that they let each studio handle their own IPs, so remakes/reboots/spin offs are handled and managed by the own studio that owns it instead of going to Global Publishing for example.

Given Gears Tactics, Pop and Battletoads I would say the initial results of that approach are promising, though in the other hand KI by Global Publishing is also a strong case for that model.

Instead of remakes now that they have 23 studios and hopefully 25 by the end of next year Iā€™d rather have those studios do what The Initiative is rumored to be doing and have them bring back old IPs with fresh new games. Iā€™d rather have a brand new PD than a remake of the first one.

1 Like

Do you guys want Fallout New Vegas 2 or Fallout New Vegas Remake? And no you canā€™t necessarily have both.

Why not? One team can work on a remake and the other can work on a sequel. Not like MS is lacking manpower since they just acquired 2300 people and can always hire more if they need to.

Microsoft ia definitely lacking manpower, thatā€™s why we have threads wondering who can work on Fallout. And its not like there is infinite talent out there either.

I donā€™t think they need a remake studio, but with the influx of Bethesda IP, they should remake/remaster a few games. Morrowind and Fallout New Vegas are the major ones, IMO. Morrowind with a full RE2/FF7 style remake would be massive and a nice filler until TES6 comes out. Fallout New Vegas with a res bump, fps bump, texture pack, a few cool effects and some bug fixes would be nice as well.

:joy: Canā€™t tell if serious or not. MS has thousands of employees solely dedicated to gaming now and have a bigger work force than nearly everyone except for maybe Ubi and a few other major publishers. Thereā€™s not an infinite amount of talent out there, there doesnā€™t need to be, MS doesnā€™t even have 1% of the workforce under its belt.

I hope not, this sounds like a half measure, it needs to get the Demon Souls treatment