Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale | August 14 - August 24 | 500+ items | 'Better late than never'-edition

Damn, still no The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. It has been in the sale once and me and my dumb face forgot to buy it. It was barely 5 bucks then I believe.

But twenty bucks for just two hours…I find that too steep.

Just picked up Witcher 2 for $3, DA2 for $5 & Quantum Break for $10. Not bad

Grabbed Batman: Arkham Knight for $5. I was hoping for some more Assassin’s Creed games being on sale, particularly Assassin’s Creed III Remastered. So, looks like I’ll have to wait on that. I also wanted Assassin’s Creed Origins but only the Gold Edition is on sale, while I was more interested in just the Standard Edition. So how is Origins’s DLC? Is it worth the extra? There’s also Vanquish there, which I’ve been wanting to try for quite a while. Might pick that up too.

Great sale, but anyone else feel hesitant to buy anything with a GP subscription?

I don’t plan on buying Xbox Game studio titles because they will be forever in Gamepass. Although Forza games eventually get delisted so you should always consider things that will be delisted as temporary because once it’s gone it’s gone… Unless you “buy” it of course.

When it comes to all the other Gamepass titles, they are all temporary so if you value building a collection then you shouldn’t sleep on some of the bigger sales as it will lead to regret when it leaves Gamepass.

I’m too old to worry about a collection anymore. Which is why Gamepass is perfect for me. Especially now that you can’t trade old games in for a new one or sell them.

1 Like

Odyssey is great, but Origins is also very good and a transitional game from the ‘old style’ to the new style of AC. I’d definitely recommend playing that first

Purchased Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot today.

Only kinda related, but the Gold edition of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (which is NOT in this sale, I believe) comes with AC III Remastered (along with all the DLC for Odyssey). I’ve seen it go on sale for $25, so it might be worth your while to keep an ear to the ground.

1 Like

Oh, thank you, I didn’t know that! In that case, I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out on whether it goes on sale. $25 is a really good price for all that.

1 Like

No Lost Odyssey… been waiting on a sale for that. May have to just jump, or can wait and see if anything happens in November

Picked up Bulletsorm and Valkyria Chronicles 4. Was thinking about the Spyro trilogy because I enjoyed it as a kid, but idk if I’d still enjoy it, anyone have thoughts?, is it too kid oriented?

Nice picking up Valkyria Chronicles 4! Really underrated series, I enjoyed playing through the game. And as for the Spyro Trilogy, it’s a really well done remake and I would definitely recommend it. It might be somewhat kid-oriented, but it is still a very enjoyable game for all ages.

1 Like

Damn, wanted Pac Man Museum to be on sale, maybe next time.

I just got $7 credit for the sale

Check your messages

And will more games be added or is this it?

I might check it out, but as I currently don’t have that much time to play, buying both games could be too much. Chances are good I wouldn’t see either games’ credits. Odyssey’s setting is more to my liking as well, that’s why I’ll probably go that route.

1 Like

I just watched some gameplay of Dragons Dogma and i have to say I’m intrigued. It’s €8 on the sale right now. I’m tempted.

Your lucky day! https://mobile.twitter.com/Wario64/status/1294716236945752064

1 Like

Ooh, fantastic! Going to buy it then, thank you!

8 Euros is a steal for this game, it’s damn good. I usually don’t play through games more once, but Dragon’s Dogma I beat 4 or 5 times. Most of my playthroughs were 100% playthroughs even.