Xbox Live - free to play paywall is going, going, gone!

10 Likes

Really glad to see Party Chat being free too ! That was my biggest doubt.

6 Likes
3 Likes

I’m sure Brad Sams is kicking himself for going on a vacation. Large Xbox/MS news just dropping left right and centre.

I now understand his tweet.

5 Likes

Party chat going free was a necessity. Still insane to me that you had to pay for basic voice chat. Crazy.

3 Likes

So what benefit is xbox live gold as part of game pass ultimate now? Apart from the average games with gold not a lot really.

Playing non free to play games online

3 Likes

Deals with Gold and online for non F2P games.

1 Like

Yeah of course. Don’t mind me, I posted before morning coffee

fade away homer simpson GIF

6 Likes

Why not make cloud saves free?

Huh? It’s cloud saves already free?

2 Likes

They already are.

1 Like

Did you mean to ask this of Sony?

Ha! Average games is being generous!!!

I feel like this thread’s title could be worded better. MP is not free on XBL in general, just in F2P games.

2 Likes

They’re well worth the $3.33 - $4 a month cost [$40 - $48 for 12 months is typical] in addition to getting online multi-player on non F2P titles. It’s an added perk. No one should think they’re only paying for those extra games.

Yep halo infinite multiplayer gonna be massive with the gold requirement not being there

1 Like

It’s kinda wild to consider how much ppl thought Halo/XSX was doomed when they announced the delay compared to how things are shaping up for the fall.

1 Like

Yea its pretty nuts looking back on it it was a good move to delay it a whole year

1 Like

The pandemic and console shortages helped. If there were no shortages…yeah the halo delay would have had an impact.

Now its looking genius because by the fall if starfield also comes out alongside Halo…Series SX is gonna sell out big time. Day 1 gamepass titles too

Also bizarre its taken this long

Maybe now FINALLY we can get FF14 on Xbox at some point. The biggest reason for no FF14 was the Gold requirement barrier.

2 Likes