Xbox is planning to release or exceed 5 first party games in the next fiscal year (July 1- June 30)

In a briefing to media outlets this week (including VGC), the company noted that it released “five new games” across console, PC and cloud during its last fiscal year, which started on July 1, 2021 and ends on June 30, 2022.

Those games were Microsoft Flight Simulator, Psychonauts 2, Age of Empires IV, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite.

“We are on track to meet or exceed that amount in the next fiscal,” the company said.

5 Likes

Starfield, Redfall, Avowed.

Don’t think we should count Contraband as first party, right? What other two do we think?

Forza Motorsport, Pentiment, maybe Belfry.

edit: Wolfenstein 3 :troll:

1 Like

I would be surprised to see two RPG’s launch within a month or two of each other.

I’d expect these five games to be Forza Motorsport, Starfield, Redfall, Pertinent and Grounded (if they are counting it’s full release).

1 Like

Realistically Starfield, Redfall, Grounded, Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo, Forza Motorsport.

1 Like

I choose to be optimistic that it will be more than 5 because they said “or exceed” :wink:

2 Likes

I think pentiment will definitely make it this year… I mean it’s a small project, if you’re doing a blow out, it should be close to release.

The next fiscal year runs till June 30, 2023, so I don’t know about Avowed. But in this case, I think games like Contraband would count as first-party. Personally expecting Starfield, Redfall, Pentiment, Belfry, Forza Motorsport, and maybe Grounded if that counts.

Ooooh, my bad on that. I read that as next year as in starting to January to December.

“Assuming Microsoft’s definition of “new games” is only relevant to Xbox platforms, two additional titles from Bethesda, Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo, could also release for Xbox within the next year, when their exclusivity deals with PlayStation expire.”

VGC automatic assuming the worst case.

Love it :phil_lmao:

It says exclusives so Deathloop and GWT wouldn’t apply.

My guesses

• Forza Motorsport
  • Gears Collection
  • Age of Empires IV Console
  • Pentiment
  • Starfield
  • Redfall
  • Ghostwire
  • Deathloop
  • Modern Warfare II
3 Likes

Yep, so these are just bonus Xbox games on Game Pass.

2 Likes

Where does it say that? I see first-party, but not exclusive.

They do talk about “new games,” so that could be an argument in favour of Deathloop and GWT not being contenders, but even there an argument could be made that they’re new to the platforms they are coming out on. But that’s stretching it a little.

Sounds like they will be able to say what launches when all the way up to Q2 2023. Which means, we are finally gonna get concrete dates or time frames for first party launches.

1 Like

So for the first time in while, there will games in H1 :joy:

3 Likes

Forza Motorsport, Redfall, Avowed, Starfield and probably Sawyer’s game if I had to guess. Maybe Contraband.

Planning to exceed 5 games every year. Doesn’t say what type of games though. Could be mostly A-AA. Hopefully it’s AAA.

If they are suggesting it’s 5+ AAA a year, I’m not sure they have the minerals for that just yet

Probably a mix. some smaller games like pentiment and bigger games like avowed. Diversity is king.

1 Like

Gotta say this isn’t impressive to me given the specific of what is in the pipeline right now. RedFall, Starfield, Forza Motorsport, Grounded, Deathloop, Ghostwire and Sawyer’s game round out the list it seems. As Dusk Falls could end up taking the spot of Sawyer’s game too for all we know. Also, he weirdly got his math wrong. Strange he ignored Deathloop PS5 in his framing.

1 Like