Xbox is planning to release or exceed 5 first party games in the next fiscal year (July 1- June 30)

@Proven Where does it say exclusives?

1 Like

You have to consider fiscal year… 2023 overall will likely have Contraband, Avowed, maybe Hellblade as well.

1 Like

Yeah but it’s still squeezing those games into back half. I’ll have to see how likely this stuff seems to hit 2023 after the showcase Sunday.

Gears of war 1 ultimate ultimate edition Gears of war 2 ultimate Gears of war 3 ultimate Gears judgemnt ultimate Age of empires

There

Man, it’s crazy that they’re releasing 2 Banjo Kazooie remasters AND three sequels all this fiscal year.

EDIT: It’s been 8 hours and this joke has not received the response I had hoped it would. I’ll be retiring now.

4 Likes

They have roughly 30 AAA games in development once the Activision deal closes. Below is the current AAA games that Im aware of (remembered) right now. There are a bunch of other studios who’s games aren’t listed due to lack of info (like 343 for instance) and studios that have multiple AAA teams but not enough info on the other teams. That’s giving each one a generous 6ish year dev cycle.

1. Everwild
  2. Starfield
  3. Hellblade 2
  4. Elder Scrolls
  5. Avowed
  6. Outer Worlds 2
  7. Fable
  8. Forza Horizon 6
  9. Forza Motorsport
  10. Perfect Dark
  11. Indiana Jones
  12. Gears 6
  13. State of Decay 3
  14. Redfall
  15. Project Midnight (Compulsion)
  16. Project Cobalt (inXile)
  17. ZeniMax Online Studios game
  18. Arkane Lyon next project
  19. ID Software either Quake or Doom
  20. Project Dragon (IOI)
  21. Contraband
  22. COD MW2
  23. Warzone 2
  24. Overwatch 2
  25. Diablo 4
  26. Blizzard Survival Game
  27. COD Treyarch
  28. Project Suerte (Certain Affinity)
  29. COD Sledgehammer
1 Like

I’m not to worried, MS has 30+ studios and even some off shoot studios from those. Yea it sucks Covid slowed things down a bit but in the long term we are going to be getting 5-10 AAA exclusives a year once things normalize and things start hitting their stride.

In the meantime we got plenty to play and Gamepass is ramping up some great 3rd party games.

2 Likes

Seems not to much for a year for the first party games?

IT says in the next year. so from now to June 2023.

If its still only 5 from 2023 to 2024…yeah that would be odd. But seeing whats happened. 5 games is realistic

The rea question is. forget 2023. How many 1st party titles do they launch in 2022.

We already know 3 games are that are likely to come out before june 2023…that’s starfied redfall and forza. So its only 2 more.

Wow. Gamepass is going to explode this generation.

2 Likes

There has been reports that Avowed will have a holiday 2022 release so i would assume if this is correct we could see it with a winter/Christmas release. I think we are all going to have a better picture after we watch the xbox showcase.

1 Like

4 - Grounded 1.0 is a lock.

At least 5…Goldeneye, As Dusk Falls, Deathloop, Grounded 1.0, Empires 4 and Ghostwire could all release …not to mention Call of Duty depending on when that closes. They likely arent including most of those.

1 Like