Xbox Investment in Japanese Games

It wasn’t so much the art style, I just found the combat a slog, I only put a couple hours in before giving up.

Maybe I should give it another go one day :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t be holding my breath on the Japan situation honestly.

What they’ve been getting is about the extent of it. Multi plays being ported way later into Game Pass, with the odd unexpected day one here and there.

1 Like

I’ve not played one. Is it playable after 2?

ehh… Yes and no. It’s def “worse” than 2. But I still enjoyed it. I haven’t played either of them recently enough to remember what was good and bad about them, but I’m pretty sure DQB2 had a lot of QoL improvements and was just overall better. DQB1 was still really fun, but I did play it a long time ago lol.

I don’t think they need to have exclusive at all. A better way would be try to get the developer and publisher to release their games on the Xbox plattform at the same time as Nintendo/Sony. They have more or less “auto” exclusivity.

If we look at the last 2 years we got:

• FF 7,8,9,10,12
  • kingdom hearts collection
  • dragon quest in december
  • Valkyria 4
  • Yakuza 0-2, 7
  • phantasy star online

We even got NIS Games with: la mulana 1+2 and disgaea 4 on gamepass pc

Hopefully it’s just the start of a lot more support from japanese developer.

2 Likes

My guess is they’re not launching xcloud in Japan because they started gamepass fairly recently in Japan, so I’m not sure how many games are there. Can’t launch xcloud with 20 games, right?

PSO2: New Genesis looks great. I have over 60 hours in PSO2 on Xbox already, and I know I’ll be putting in more when New Genesis comes out.

For me they should let sony have the year exclusivity and after the year it should apear on gamepass. DQ KH, DQ, Yakuza, nier, all FF’s are a big indicator that this is happening, i am very curious for FF7Remake.

Wishlist is DQbuilders, ni no kuni and persona series. and street fighter V for me would be epic, if ps users can have cuphead give xbox users an old bone as well.

The moment level-5 (ni no kuni) releases a game on Xbox we all die because of covid :sweat_smile:

Dq builders is realistic and atlus is just a weird developer. They even skip the switch.

Another game series which I hope will get a Xbox release would be The Legend of Heroes.

1 Like

Ahhhh, good point! I didn’t think about that! I just know Phil wants to do well in Japan so when I saw the 22 countries that would be available Sept 15th I was surprised Japan wasn’t on the list!

ooo Legend of Heroes would be good to get too. Only played one of the games on Steam but I liked it. And I agree about Atlus. They willfully deny making more money it seems. lol

You know, it’s weird we can get those super niche Kemco RPGs seemingly every month, but big publishers can’t bother to put their non-niche RPGs on Xbox lol.

1 Like

I really hope after FF7R part 1 coming on Xbox that part 2 come day one and that we don’t have to wait 1 year to enjoy it…

I hope we get some JP exclusives. Would be great if MS acquired a good JP studio.

Keep hoping :p. I have a feeling that deal for FF7R was for more than Part 1. Likely the entire “Collection” of whatever will come. :confused:

The best thing xbox can do to get Japanese games on the xbox is to really spend alot of $$$ marketing xcloud. Xcloud is their ticket into Japan and you better believe developers are going to put their games on xcloud of it becomes popular there

1 Like

Was surprised at Dragon Quest in fact I think they should have had that announcement in the main game show.

I’m still waiting on Persona, the fact it’s now on PC should mean there is no reason for it not to come to Xbox. I’m not sure if it’s moneyhats or Atlus just doesn’t like Xbox, why we still see no Persona games on Xbox. Something like gamepass means there should be no real excuse.

The great sales on PC show their is a market outside of just playstation gamers interested in the series.

Getting Persona 5 Royal and Golden on the Xbox would hopefully mean that Persona 6 when it appears would be a day and date game.

I’m shocked we never got builders. It’s the kind of game that appeals to the Minecraft base. I always thought Xbox would get a builders game before it would get a mainline one.

Square Enix, SEGA, Bamco and Capcom will remain as the same publishers who will not ignore the platform . Everything else is wishful thinking.

Lol I won’t give up don’t worry. In the end I would still wait unfortunately to play it on my Xbox.

You’re stronger than I lol. I bought it on PS4 and I’ll buy it again on Xbox. I’ll likely keep doing that as long as they’re good. I thoroughly enjoyed Part 1. And also, FF7 is my fav game ever made, so… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like