Xbox has been the "market leader in North America for 3 quarters in a row amongst next gen consoles" says Satya Nadella

15 Likes

Business seems to be good for MS.

1 Like

I prefer xbox over any other platform. But do not care if Microsoft is number one or number 5. I just want good game and good valve for my money. the hardcore people can fight over who number one or which is better.

3 Likes

Xbox being a good value has a direct correlation with its number.

the number does matter because at the end of the day if Microsoft doesnā€™t have that big of install base then games will skip platform.However, I feel these days its becoming harder to skip Xbox since market gap isnā€™t that big like last gen

1 Like

All this with ā€œno gamesā€ā€¦.imagine if the AB acquisition closes in the next 3-4 months and then 2023ā€¦.oh myā€¦.

11 Likes

And all before Starfield, Xpuck, CoD etc.

The storm is brewing. Once 2023 starts, depend what comes first (Starfield/Redfall or ABK finalized), Xbox will be the perfect storm.

1 Like

I keep telling peopleā€¦I donā€™t think the gap is what people think it is

16 Likes

Ms can dominate usa again

2 Likes

Mathematically speaking, itā€™s impossible for it to be given the sales data thatā€™s been released by third parties. What little gap is left wonā€™t be there for long if Xbox can manage to sell this well without a compelling lineup this year. When those Bethesda and ABK exclusives start coming out, or even when CoD is included in Game Pass, itā€˜s going to be fun to watch a certain set of folks hand-waive that shift away.

21 Likes

Cant help but think of this every time someone says the gapā€¦

11 Likes

I think of Halo when I read that.

Was it wise to announce this with potentially under 30 days until the ActiBlizzard acquisiton is approved in USA ?

This doesnt change the legal situation or landscape one iota.

5 Likes

Its been a hell of a turn around from last gen. With the fruits of Bethesda still on the horizon and ABK impendingā€¦its gonna get wild the next few years.

2 Likes

Having a large market share is not the same thing as being a monopoly.

I laugh when people say Xbox needs CoD exclusive or whatever to sell consoles when theyā€™re selling consoles just fine with 0 exclusives :phil_lmao:

8 Likes

They would inquire about something like this whether MS announced it or not

2 Likes

Sounds like 16.5mil for X|S now is about right for LTD.