Xbox Games With Gold |OT| Get 'Em While You Still Can

3 Likes

We at least know the first two games for June.

Aven Colony was on Game Pass a few years ago.

3 Likes

Games With Gold for June 2022

4 Likes

So the trend continues with old Game Pass games and reruns. Super Meat Boy has been offered before as a GwG.

4 Likes

Not bad actually (for me). I’ll happily pick those two up.

3 Likes

This year has had 3 reruns already? I feel like they’ve had more reruns than ever now.

It’d be nice if this happens (though I entirely don’t expect it) but they should kill Gold at the Showcase. GWG is becoming outright worthless with reruns. It’s a new low.

Not everyone has been subscribed since the beginning of time or has redeemed every single game.

3 Likes

I don’t mind rerun and/or Game Pass games via GWG. Everything is better than 3 month in a row for Pool Nation FX.

3 Likes

I missed out on Super meat boy before so it’s a decent month for me.

I feel like it’s a near certainty at this point. For a while now my bet has been that they’ll kill Gold and replace it with a cloud only GP tier that includes online multiplayer, priced the same as Gold.

Existing Gold members would lose the monthly GWG, but gain streaming access to hundreds of GP titles. Seems like a fair tradeoff, and shouldn’t ruffle too many feathers.

And at the same time Xbox gets to continue charging for online multiplayer, just like their console competition is doing.

Remove Gold completely and convert current Gold subs into base Game Pass. GwG library converts to full ownership instead of sub dependant (they already do for BC games anyway).

1 Like

This would be the ideal scenario but even if we have to be subscribers to base GP to have access to GwG games it would still be an OK solution IMO.

Online play paywall has to go…like seriously it has no place in the Xbox ecosystem.

2 Likes

It also has the OG OST which is so much better than what the re-releases had and with BC taking care of the frame-rate hitches the 360 version via BC is easily the best console version. :wink:

1 Like

Super meat boy is a good game, one of the hardest games I’ve ever complete.

I understand Gold is easy money, but I believe if they remove the arbitrary paywall, many people would then be willing to spend that money and more on other stuff like games, Game Pass, microtransactions, dlc. It’s really a phycological effect.

1 Like

Totally agree and you didn’t mention the pressure to PS and overall goodwill and positive press that a thing like this will create for Xbox…it may be a game changer for things like the FGC on the platform for example and with COD games releasing day one on Game Pass in the future Xbox may be the go to machine for online play. It’s a bold decision for sure and they will lose money right now but long term it will be the smarter decision IMO.

1 Like

Theyre gonna have to do something about gold period.

Right now they have gold at 10 bucks and gamepass for xbox at 10 bucks. UGP is the best deal as its 30 dollars of subs in 1.

They want everyone on that UGP.

But people out there like me dint care 1 bit about pc gamepass and rarely play online MP. The basic console tier GP doesnt offer xcloud though. So i sub to UGP.

I hate how gold is also tied to certain discounts as well

Get rid of gold. Have a seperate 5 dollar a month tier for xcloud only. Youre gonna need to when you launch your stick or whatever.

Youll have so mamy people come to xbox.

Especiallt when your competitin still puts fucking cloud saves behind a paywall

The games for June are

• Aven Colony
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Project Highrise: Architect’s Edition and
  • Raskulls

i already own Super Meat Boy so yeah …

1 Like

Aven Colony is a decent city builder, 100% it when it was on game pass. It’s worth claiming.

3 Likes