Xbox Games With Gold |OT| Get 'Em While You Still Can

Games With Gold for April 2021

1 Like

Games look half decent for April. Meanwhile…

MS meeting about GWG:

rick astley lyrics GIF

2 Likes

Games are live

2 Likes

You mean they are network?

:smirk:

5 Likes

Go nuts!

9 Likes

What are those?

All Star Fruit Racing just says free trial.

Sign in and it will allow you to claim it as part of GWG.

@brunopcosta1 Thanks, Bruno!

1 Like

Like @MasterLeePhD said, you just need to sign in and you’ll be able to claim it.

All-Star Fruit Racing replaces Viking in South Korea;
Frontlines replaces Dark Void in South Korea;
Darksiders replaces Dark Void in Japan.

I don’t know why the hell MX Unleashed is free. Maybe a leftover from February that I missed.

Oh cool it’s changed now, even when I was signed in it was saying 24,900 in Korean money earlier.

All Star Fruit Racing is actually a game I want, so result!

Cheers.

Yeah, it was showing as having to pay the first time I checked as well despite being signed in. Glad it’s there now.

2 Likes

Games With Gold for May 2021

They’re not that bad.

Dungeons III is low key great and has a lot of humor to it.

It’s weird mix of Warcraft and Dungeon Keeper.

Honestly, the lowest reviewed one on TA is Lego Batman. Lol

Documentary footage of the Xbox Games with Gold team looking for next months hits:

6 Likes

Yeah, they are all solid games, with even good critic score, but the comparison between this and Game Pass is the bone of contention (and also with PS Plus). It’s clear MS doesn’t see Gold as a viable business for the future and it’s marginalizing it more and more every month, the problem is that public doesn’t settle with logical reasoning, MS could only endure the limited bad pr until it’s gone for good (they can’t cancel it right now because they would have already done it).

If I had to speculate, end 2022 is a reasonable speculation: for that time, GP will be above 40 and near 50 millions subscribers (if it goes with today’s trend).

Gamepass really soothes the pain of how mediocre gwg is.

1 Like

A great thing for Gold subscribers that often goes unsaid is the “Free Play Days” program. I’m having a blast with Monster Truck Championship!

2 Likes

It’s pretty great. I actually tried out Risk of Rain 2 when that was available on Free Play Days and I liked it so much that I ended up buying it.

Hunting Simulator 2 and Peaky Blinders: Mastermind are this week’s Free Play Days games. If you are a Gold subscriber, you can play them for free until Sunday, May 9 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.

2 Likes