Xbox Games Showcase + SUPER SECRET DIRECT REVEAL | June 9

I know, its just kinda sucks is all. Just hope they do not fumble console users in favor of other consoles is all.

Flagship experience involves great exclusive games for console users. Am happy that we will get Gears in this, really hoping they go back to former roots with a more darker storyline.

Although am just gonna point out, Project Shaolin is likely to be revealed at the showcase. Maybe alongside that JRPG exclusive rumor that has been around for two years now.

I think Nick will turn out to be right again.

https://x.com/SASxSH4DOWZ/status/1785328818598613233

2 Likes

https://x.com/tinaamini/status/1785310307893837924?s=61&t=UF3sdM-kacs488qXlpVRPQ

She has been killing it ever since hired.

15 Likes

I just hope Xbox does a good job with the new game reveals/trailers. I thought they could have done a better job with initial Avowed gameplay trailer or even the Fable trailer.

Games are so time restricted in these showcases that it’s to hard showcase them properly, especially if the game is a new IP. That’s why I’m hoping Xbox reduces the number of games and gives more time to games that deserve them.

The dev_directs have been the best way to showcase these games, the 2nd best was the way Forza horizon 5 was revealed, a short hype trailer followed by a 5-7 min gameplay trailer. If Xbox could do this for Indiana Jones maybe Avowed or a game releasing in early 2025 then they would have a nice mix of gameplay and hype.

It feels as if Xbox has been bottling up a lot cool announcements, given how quiet they’ve been this year. Can’t wait.

1 Like

https://x.com/hazzadorgamin/status/1785330935543857247?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

4 Likes

Yep the shows since the Developer Direct have been an absolute joy to watch, great presentation, pacing and content distribution.

5 Likes

I really enjoyed how they showed Fable last year, I think those shorter kinda of showings are necessary for games that are a little further out. For stuff close to release you can get away with something like FH5 had but I wouldn’t want a whole show of that. I feel like thats basically why the directs exist.

More gameplay than we got from Fable would be nice though, ideally something like Clockwork Revolution.

Posted on the other place where this was but seems to involve a $50 bill under the wolf logo. I’ll take another look on a larger screen later and see if I see anything else. I’m thinking it might not be cod either though.

Tom Warren says that it is indeed CoD. And so have some of the CoD dataminers.

3 Likes

Fine, if so it at least looks a bit different so that’s good. Had another thought of something it could be but guess not.

1 Like

Some juicy details in Tom’s article.

I love that day, It feels like Christmas. I cant wait!

1 Like

Agreed. The showcase last year was excellent as were both Directs.

1 Like

Sweet, i look forward to watching at 3am like every other year lol.

1 Like

Jesus, looked at Sarah Bond’s tweet about the showcase and people are having spasms about a blue heart next to the green one.

Folks on social media forget that Activision and Blizzard are associated with the color blue. Its dumb and silly and its riduculous.

Like sure some games are going to playstation/nintendo, mostly game as a service or mutiplayer ones, but not everything on the map is going period, they need flagship experience and that means desirable exclusives for hardware/pc.

Its not difficullt to see this.

Thankfull i live somewhere were time is not really an issue for me. Although i feel sad for the brothers and sisters over of the east, mondays sucks.

2 Likes

Public Holiday on the Monday so no big deal in the end as it’s a day off work. Just being awake at 3am as i get older becomes harder :joy: The kid in me still wants to enjoy watching these showcases til the day i die.

2 Likes

Lol, what a reach by these folks.

I’m especially seeing a lot of “Looking forward to this PS showcase” which is just silly and annoying. And yeah, it truly seems some of these people believe everything will come to PS, and soon too, lmao.

4 Likes

Yeah, but let’s be honest here: Phil did not really help matters with his own opinions on the matter regarding exclusives. In fact, i would say he kinda killed a bit of the hype for some folks.

For me, he kinda did, but i know that there will be exclusives at the event, hoping Clockwork Revolution is shown witha date in mind.

Also, the team would be very much in hot water if they were to annouce a port of a flagship to a competitor, which i think they would definetly not want to do if they care for hardware users.

Ps: Its like they forgot about how years ago, when Zenimax was acquired Sarah Bond added a silver heart when the showcase was formally announced. But people like clicks i guess.

It’s a Cerberus (multi headed dog).

It’s now been confirmed to be Project Cerberus.

It’s not ideal, but it’s a new direction, not one I am fond of but it is what it is I guess. I do really hope they do this stuff in baby steps, don’t go too crazy. Even if Phil truly believes exclusives won’t be a thing eventually, I hope he takes it easy. Around the time the next Xbox comes out I really don’t want to see tons of Xbox having gone multiplatform. Maybe they will slowly stop using the “exclusive” tags during shows though. Or “only on Xbox and PC” or whatever it is they use nowadays.

1 Like

Many are on the same boat as you dude. I honestly hope Phil respects console users by delivery quality games that are permanent to users of Hardware while also not pulling a Mattrick.

Also, it would be very wise to make baby steps and not take large leaps, cause if not thats the way Xbox brand dies effectively.

Phil said they would learn from this, so let’s see if how this turns out.

2 Likes