Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

he said no full cgi. So a cgi trailer with like 5 seconds of gameplay could happen

Greenberg said ā€œin gameā€ which is gameplay, ā€œin engineā€ or ā€œin engine with cinematicsā€ which is different than CGI like Everwild has been repeatedly for example. In short, im not expecting Gears of War 6 anymore this year.

How did I miss this?! Thanks so much for doing that. I am curious about where I could find the proper streams to check them out when I can.

1 Like

I dkubt Everwild was CGI. Was this ever cleared up? I looks a lot similar to the engine Sea of Thieves has.

1 Like

Is this the place for bold predictions?

I think this is a Matt Booty and Sarah Bond come out party. 0-1 Philā€™s seen

12 first party projects between in house and partnerships

16 third parties and marketing arrangements

The big 3 remake collections will be here. Gears / Fable / Banjo

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty confident both Everwild trailers are in-engine. Definitely the first one, as itā€™s pretty clear when you look at it, but I think the second one too.

2 Likes

Says in engine, but given that its UE and outsourced, I wonā€™t look at that the same as what Iā€™d normally call in engine.

1 Like

Has Phil tweeted anything about the show like he usually does? I donā€™t expect hype tweets from him, thatā€™s Aaronā€™s thing, haha.

I just want Killer Instinct man

5 Likes

Do we really expect Gears 6 to come out at 2026? so TC will go from 3 years development cycles to a 7 years development cycle? even considering covid and all isnā€™t this a bit too much? fall 2024 or early 2025 seem like the most logical release windows IMO.

2 Likes

I suppose it can come down to how ambitious they plan on being with the game as well as dev times just being much longer now (and as well as Covid as you mentioned). I know very little in terms of how actual game development worksā€¦but say if they really do plan in reinventing the franchise somewhat, maybe it takes them a chunk of time to experiment with the changes they want to make and assuming that side of it goes smoothly it could be they just want to take as much they as they can to sit and assess what direction they want to go in with Gears 6.

So perhaps 7 years is too long, at the same time maybe Xbox said to them take as much time as you need beyond the usual 3 year cycle to get Gears 6. While they arenā€™t reliant on the series anymore, with the budget the game probably has iā€™m sure Xbox would love for the series to make a big splash again and because more ā€œrelevantā€ .

2024 or 2025 latest for Gears 6.

1 Like

I reckon Gears 6 will be Fall 2025

While I think the Gears formula has got a bit tired thereā€™s no denying how well made they are and how good they are from a technical perspective

Gears 5 also had a crap load of content and was built in like 3 years I believe so a Gears 6 getting near double that in dev time would be very exciting

2025 might end up being an Xbox One era throwback fall with Gears 6 and Forza Horizon 6.

1 Like

Next time Phil comes onto the GB podcast I hope heā€™s happy, because he just got back from having a great show. We need happy Phil back, he was far from that at Xcast. Heā€™s always cheery and happy, and I have a feeling heā€™ll be like that again in the GB interview. Weā€™re gonna get a good show that makes Xbox fans in general happy.

Cheery Phil is best Phil.

7 Likes

I hope Xcast get him back for a more positive (and hopefully longer) interview.

4 Likes

Gears 6 in 2025 is likely for sure

I guess we can eliminate this from showcase.

1 Like

The 3 of the biggest xbox pods have their predictions pods out now if youre jonsing

Xcast

Defining duke joined by Xbox Two

Unlockee

The defining duke one takes it studio by studio and is 4 hours long lol

6 Likes

I imagine one of these is bound to happen one day