Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

Just relistened to this part of the interview where he is specifically talking about what is coming, and it sounds like he says “collections of games” which does make me lean towards a packaged collection. I do know sometimes he has pluralized things that were singular, so this could just be one collection, but I do think there’s something out there. The gears one probably makes the most sense but fable, even the anniversary version, is a bit old and could use some love if they had a partner for it.

Should be queued to 27 minute 14 seconds

2 Likes

wrong thread

I really, really don’t think that’s what he was trying to say. He wouldn’t tease an unannounced collection like that. Based on the context of the conversation, he was referring to their upcoming portfolio and it was simply a poor choice of words.

Maybe they are working on collections, but I don’t think that interview is an indicator either way.

3 Likes

I give PS fans credit for questioning the absent on Factions and Stellar Blade. Those who asked for Ghost 2 or anyone else doesn’t hold much ground.

5 Likes

Bungie took a look at Factions and put it on hold lol. Bunge now have the most power among PS 1st party studios. They are the GAAS cash cow now. It crazy how that turn out. Imagine Bungie having the power to stop Naughty Dog, PlayStation number 1 studio lol.

Not gonna lie. I think Bungie is more of a cash sink than a cash cow. If Bungie really was a cash cow Xbox and then Activision would’ve held on to them. Honestly how shocked would any of us be if in a few years PlayStation cuts ties with Bungie like thier previous two publishers? :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

That’s a totally fair opinion - and I do 100% get where you’re coming from. It may have just been a poor choice of words - but it may not have been. Either way - we’ll see when we see :slight_smile:

I don’t think (aside from Starfield & Forza) we “know” anything really about what will be there, which is super exciting. But I do think the anticipating & guessing can be fun.

Yeah - I really don’t see Marathon without the single player aspect, and as someone who loved Bungie’s Halo games (for the campaigns & story), I just couldn’t get into Destiny any of the times I tried. Time will tell, but they seemed massively overpriced. I don’t know that I see them cutting ties, but I also don’t know that they’re as popular as they once were. Would be really interesting to see player # trends for Destiny.

3 Likes

Bungie wanted their independence in both cases. It had nothing to do with how much money they made. Microsoft negotiated with them and agreed to letting them go if they made two more Halo games, which is what we got.

As for Activision, they never owned Bungie, it was just a publishing agreement, and Bungie were very unhappy with the yearly release schedule imposed by Activision. They wanted to update the game as a live service but Activision wanted sequels.

Sony acquired Bungie, and seemingly agreed to all of Bungie’s demands (high sale price, remaining multiplatform, access to transmedia opportunities) and Sony are getting their live service expertise.

Bungie makes literally hundreds of thousands from individual emotes sold in Destiny. They make a LOT of money.

4 Likes

Tom Warren retweeted. I think Fable will going be at the show.

5 Likes

Hmmm, that IS interesting.

1 Like

Say what you want about them. Destiny has like around 1 million players daily. They are one of the best studios when it comes to GAAS titles. Al of the other stuff is whatever. All i know is that any one would want Bungie when it comes to GAAS.

2 Likes

Jez says he knows a few of the things there but outside of that they seem to be locked down pretty tight so far

I doubt Tom knows if Fable is there, I’m not sure anyone does yet

3 Likes

Interesting. Locked tight is good.

Grubb will go live in 3 hours and talk whether Fable is false hope or not.

https://www.youtube.com/live/h0rALZIgTS0?feature=share

1 Like

My couson Frank is saying Fable will cure cancer and reverse global warming. Those mad lads at Playground did it!

6 Likes

In 7 hours i will read my morning coffee and see if Indiana Jones is at the show.

3 Likes
1 Like

#TeamFable will win :sunglasses:

1 Like

2 Likes

What if Fable is the “surprise mfers, fall 2023”-game?

4 Likes