Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

No because that isn’t a AAA game blockbuster game they have in development and also that music sounds exactly like the music you hear in Fable and then you put the glitter trail on top of it so nah, not the same at all.

1 Like

How do we know the Coalition isn’t doing a AAA Dune game instead of gears 6?

Also just to be 100% clear, no I don’t think they are and I’m joking. Though I wouldn’t mind a good non mmo Dune game.

2 Likes

Depends on the show, I guess the moral is don’t do anything fun because people can be really stu— easy to believe.

2 Likes

My cousin Frank says Fable will be at the show and be the best looking game in history.

It will have AI of ChatGPT for infinite quests.

1 Like

I’ll say this: PS left Xbox the floor for presenting best graphic.

3 Likes

This is what ppl should be MORE hyped about…

2 Likes

After listening to Bowerstone and the music from the tweet, I don’t think this is a Fable tease. The tweet’s music doesn’t really match Bowerstone at all. It is actually kind of generic like something Task Master might use when contestants are acting like idiots.

Also, the blue glitter isn’t much like the yellow smoke trails I saw in some Fable screenshots.

I’m off the hype train. Just give me Avowed please.

2 Likes

What if that wasn’t a tease for Fable but Fable is in the show anyway? :smile:

7 Likes

6 Likes

I can see it now:

“This is the after hour and I gotta say the showcase sucked. After two months of hype, what did we get?…

Avowed gameplay with release date, Hellblade 2 godlike graphic with release date, Killer Instinct 2 and Banjo announcement, Starfield over delivered…

And no Fable? PS won for showing up.”

9 Likes

I’m always in favour of not getting yourself too hyped up for this stuff, but I feel given how much discussion this tweet has caused someone would have said something to temper expectations by now if it wasn’t a Fable tease.

5 Likes

Three years after it’s reveal, it’s finally Fable time baby!!

its still 10 days to the show and no way i’m ready to discuss reasons to be disappointed.

and its a Fable tease, btw.

5 Likes

I do remember when the XGS Publishing account (?) posted something, everyone said “FABLE!” and they immediately came out and said “not Fable!”

Not that this automatically means -this- is Fable though.

2 Likes

Imagine insinuating people are stupid for being excited for a game they have been waiting for. Do we not look at Phil’s shelf for hints, and hasn’t Xbox marketing been pushing hidden messages through emails etc.?

The issue here is that you all are putting the fault on people who are honestly excited, for how disingenuous the media can be. It does not matter if Fable ends up being there or not, most of the Gaming Media and their followers have decided the showcase will be a fail anyhow.

Who cares what the media thinks? I will not be policing people’s excitement, and if that makes me “stupid” to you, then so be it.

10 Likes

You’re right, they have done it twice before. No one from Microsoft has said anything, despite the noise.

2 Likes

Excitement you can be, but people shouldn’t say it with confirmation rather than speculation. Majority are saying the former, which then leads to the idea that people will blame on the tweet. If they did promise Fable like flat out promise it, then by all means, get hyped.

It doesn’t help that people love doom and gloom like it’s their nature. Put it this way, I rather people be sad that Fable was absent but they can understand it can wait instead of being upset for its absent which leads to do another round of what’s happening at Xbox and lies and not transparent enough. In short, you will be accusing Xbox as a bad guy when they didn’t say anything that backstab you.

Which can be argued left them in a corner. If they say it’s not Fable, everyone will know they won’t be there. If they don’t say anything and it’s not there, they’re going to be abused. Best path is deliver it. What’s worse is I can already expect people to say “Don’t say anything if you’re not going to show it” because reality is, it’s your fault. That’s my problem. People need to take the blame for something that isn’t designed in the first place.

Look, I know I’m coming off really harsh and I do apologize, but all I want is people to be understandable when a game that is thought to be there doesn’t show up and instead of blaming themselves, they’ll blame the user. It’s The Simpsons meme with out of touch meme coming to life. So I’ll let you guys be hype. I rather be hype and hope for it than be hype and believe a possible self-created promise for it.

Edit: Saw this comment:

This.

1 Like

6 Likes

I need to get a job working for all these people keeping expectations in check.

4 Likes