Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

For a lot of fans including myself, A CGI trailer would be fine

Even if the game is years away, I think fans would be happy knowing that the series isn’t dead

2 Likes

I hope we get As Dusk Falls pt 2 announcement. I know that game may not be that popular with many, but I thought it was one of the best choose your adventure type of games I’ve played. I was very engaged with the story, and I can’t wait for a follow up.

7 Likes

Yes, the team is very talented, and if you look their CV, they come from Sony London in part, not a bad origin. It took 2 years from announcement from release for the game. The company was created in 2017. So, the game probably took 4-5 years to make. A new game would not be close.

1 Like

I am very fan of their game variety but for the overall success of the show, I expect at least one sad-dad-AAA game with HellBlade 2 and hopefully the announcement of another one (Indiana Jones ?).

I think a new game would be close because they most likely have done the legwork of script and game dev side done. I think only thing is they may take their time with part 2 and might want to improve certain aspects on gamedev side

I am going to be very cautious with my predictions: Forza Motorsport, Avowed and Hellblade II.

I would be content with that, so any more would be crazy good.

1 Like

With Phil Spencer mentioning those names (namely Starfield, FM, Hellblade 2, Avowed) in the Kinda Funny interview, I think that is a safe prediction. If there are updates on another 2 announced games at least, that would be a very great show for me IMO.

2 Likes

Yup, really thought it was weird the way he said it so carelessly like that as if it was about to come out. Don’t know if it was intentional or not or meant to tease but it does seem like it’s coming out soon!

If you take those 4 names and the idea that they got now a candidate for a AAA for each quarter, I would bet

FM Summer 23

Starfield Fall 23

HellBlade 2 Winter 23/24

Awowed Spring 24

Yeah, those are safe bets for sure. The thing is that in the announcement on Wire they mention “first-looks”, so there will probable be more new games, first party or not. Fun times ahead.

1 Like

Contraband need to be there too, I think next year we have Avowed, Contraband and Hellblade 2 if could’t come this fall (I don’t see it anyway), maybe another small project? My dream is that Fable launch in Q4 2024 but idk, that’s only my thoughts

Another small project like Belfry?

2 Likes

Yeah, we don’t know anything about those projects beyond the rumors, I think it’s likely that we’ll see one this year and its release next year.

1 Like

They are small games, like Pentinment. They will be bonus if the AAA are good, otherwise it will be 2022 again.

I predicted Avowed would be a sure thing last year, I don’t want to be hurt again

This show is super unpredictable for me, very exciting

6 Likes

Has to happen at some point though, we are loooooong past the “soon” now too. If not this June, it’s not coming out next year, or at least not in the first half.

Yes, it’s been almost two years since Obsidian said we would have updates soon for Avowed… Then I also don’t like how Phil Spencer talked about the game: he said he saw some “builds”, so more than one, as if they were still deciding the precise direction of the game. Maybe I’m wrong, or maybe it’s me who didn’t quite understand that part of the interview, in any case it’s time to see the game.

I reckon he was talking about different stages of development. Earlier and later builds.

Don’t think builds means anything in terms of direction, when people refer to builds it’s more about how far along it is vs another build

I’m expecting a new update on the games that was revealed in 2020 (Avowed, Fable and State of Decay 3) and a new reveals from Zenimax, Inxile and Compulsion. And some new reveals from the publishing team maybe IOI and Kojima Production.

1 Like