Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

One thing to keep in mind is how all games are rough until the last cycle where everything is pulled together and polished. So take the words of someone who possibly hasn’t worked there for however long ago with the appropriate level it deserves.

11 Likes

But for Todd to double down on that release date, he didn’t do that for nothing. So it was probably in the state he expected.

That’s true too.

Yup, wasn’t it Todd that said a lot of development time gets used on making things fun. And sometimes it just takes time before it clicks.

Cool in concept doesn’t instantly translate to fun to play. I’m optimistic they can make it great in time.

1 Like

This.

Good thing the wait for June isn’t that long anymore. We’ll see with our own eyes how it looks and plays and if the release date is still 11-11-22 then I am not gonna worry. BGS sticks to release dates.

How are we supposed to trust that with no real name, no LinkedIn profile, not even a pfp, and a suspicious manner and time to choose to speak at? Of course, could be real, I don’t know, but what I’m seeing is just not helping their case and is extremely suspicious

Plenty of devs from many studios said this, also the multiple Jason Schreier reports.

That part about Redfall just sounds weird though, if it’s in that stage, how did they announce a release window last year? But this too, June I’m sure.

Does Resetera easily verify a person, meaning have they in the past verified someone and it turned out to be a faker?

For the people here doubting that person:

Last year as this person spoke out about the release date of Starfield, he/she got verified. Additionally there was a very clear connection to an indie studio that consisted of current and recent Bethesda employees.

A lot more believable, than most of the stuff that gets discussed here.

Nah Cute cat

They said they were part of a Redfall playtest back in October and it ran at like 15fps and felt like an Arkane game. I think that’s all reasonable.

Worst case scenario for flying in Starfield is that it’s not very great and hopefully it’s something that can be skipped.

I do take into account that dragon flying in Skyrim wasn’t all that and riding on horse was…it was there, but not great. But who knows, we’ll see soon enough.

That doesn’t sound too bad, it’s in the middle of development too. Sometimes I wish leaks just didn’t happen, but a thing like this can’t be avoided , if they talk, they talk.

Grain of salt territory until proven otherwise

5 Likes

There are somethings that can be done for a Morrowind remaster to make more appealing to people with some that could be done for Oblivion, like replacing the role of a dice attack mechanics, add sprinting, updating character models, updating textures, maybe even add new animations to the game.

But honestly I think Bethesda should just hire the modders recreating Oblivion and Morrowind in Skyrim. As they have done a great amount of work and having Bethesda or InXile along with support studios help to polish and launch those mods would go along way.

3 Likes

Fallout 1 & 2 remakes and reimagined in Creation Engine 2, or UE5, sounds great to me. It’s how I see InXile could be involved. They would essentially be new games.

That person who supposedly worked at BGS calls the engine a piece of crap too. I don’t know man, maybe this person just talks like that but I find it all very off.

There’s a doc on Youtube about Skyrim, has people in it that worked on the game, no longer at Bethesda and they also had things to say about the engine, but their choice of words was much, much more adult, decent, normal.

2 Likes

These are the zones and smaller areas that covered Hammerfell in ESO, I wonder if ES6 will cover them all as well and what would it expand on or change to suit the single player style?

One thing I hope they do use is the Valley of the Blades as Sai Sahan manifested his Shihai in ESO and having his knowledge passed down the the warriors in the Valley could be used to as the equivalent of the Thu’um for our characters.

Stuff like that breaks NDAs, on top of that they also disclosed game mechanics, all of this one week after leaving.

Anyway, it seems very suspicious and there’s no reason to keep talking it up with no more proof honestly

8 Likes

It’s a red signal for me to not trust people like this

2 Likes

I remember, was banned for laying out the evidence and the business case for why the Series specs were in line with the original git leak.

7 Likes