Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

I totally forgot that officially Cobalt doesn’t even exist yet, the studio hasn’t announced anything. Maybe June?

I definitely can see a announcement from Compulsion though. Phil’s been talking about their game for a while now, I can see it.

I think Cobalt is further off. Midnight, though, I would bet money gets announced either in June or at The Game Awards (hopefully the former).

We don’t know when inXile started work on Cobalt, do we?

No, but I would imagine they started concepting it in 2019 or 2020 while they were finishing Wasteland 3. Then after Wasteland 3, I assume most of the studio moved on to it.

1 Like

“Brian Fargo: Well, we’ve had a project in development for some time we haven’t announced that they’re quite keen on, so we’ll be looking at that and saying, ‘Okay, what does this product look like now we’re going to be given extra time and resources?’ Evaluating how we could make it better.”

This is from an interview in 2018. I assume this project was re-scoped into the AAA game due to additional resources allowed by the acquisition.

2 Likes

CRPG? It’s the morning and I’m without caffeine, what does that stand for again?

They don’t have the amount of people at their studios to do 2 new games plus remakes. They’re like 150 people.

They could be making a Fallout game, but if they are its either a remaster or a fps RPG Fallout.

Though I think new IP also excludes that possibility.

Computer Role playing Games . Think Pillars of Eternity , Disco Elysium etc .

1 Like

Nice! So all info about it being steampunk and everything right now is still…unofficial. It’s what insiders have heard. It’s probably true.

As always a load of bullshit.

1 Like

Excellent news, if you ask me.

1 Like

He/she no longer works at BGS right? Here goes our bethesde insider.

1 Like

Not sure if he/she is allowed to say such things lol, but team flying seems to have won this one :wink:.

One thing the dev does note and is the impression I always got of BGS is that it is quite a ‘family’ studio. It certainly seems like they have low turnover of staff, although their location probably helps there, as it is on the East Coast.

5 Likes

4 Likes

He/she is most certainly not allowed. Seems very dangerous, especially in combination with the exact last work day.

But YOLO I guess :phil_lmao:

1 Like

Or we’ve all lost because it’s boring haha

2 Likes

Ugh do we have any proof they actually worked there, pretty sure they would be under NDA to just blurt out shit like that.

Flying is never boring for me. I’m good.

Thought it was a load of bull too. I don’t trust Resetera verified’s though, wouldn’t be the first time the mods there verified some bullshit-monger (remember the verified’s stating the PS5 had better specs than the XSX?).

9 Likes