Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

2023 would be awesome, but I think it will depend on Starfield too. If that moves into holiday I don’t think they even would need Avowed there. Really hope a proper reveal isn’t further away than E3 next year, really want to see it in action.

We at least know it is colorful, but not overly colorful, I like it.

Yeah. Jez’s report a while ago made me think of something akin to slime rancher or something :joy: Looks like a pretty realistic color palette imo.

2 Likes

FH5 now has over 24 million players according to the in-game leaderboards.

Comparison with previous games :

• FH5: 24M in ~11 months
  • FH4: 24M in ~2 years
  • FH3: 10M in ~2 years
15 Likes

Yep. But this is a older screenshot, it is always possible that the later build that he saw was more colourful.

1 Like

With Forza Horizon 4 being one of the first major games to launch on the platform and Forza Horizon 5 to be the first major sequel to a game that launched on the platform, it’s great to see just these games doing so well. I probably would never have given them a try without game pass, and as a result I’ve since spent money I never would have spent buying the games and expansion passes, and I’ve been able to get friends into the franchise as well. It really stands as a solid success story for game pass.

8 Likes

Xbox Series S promotion video uses footage from Ara History Untold, which is announced only on PC.
May be coming to Xbox as well.

https://youtu.be/WNAiu68LkTk?t=17

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is part of the build he saw.

9 Likes
2 Likes

Where’s the damn console version?

6 Likes

Lol

8 Likes
19 Likes
16 Likes

I don’t like how XGS games now say “Xbox Consoles” in the trailers. Pentiment is cross-gen and it says that so that’s fine, but Forza Motorsport is X/S only and it also says that. Just specify Xbox Series X/S.

I hope it’s just talking about cloud gaming for Xb1.

Obsidian x InXile collab on a Fallout spin-off intensifies

4 Likes

It’s either that, or they intend to refer to X/S and any future Xbox console as that in the future and they want to normalize it early on, or they forgot to put in the correct promotional material preset.

2 Likes

We did get something like that before I think, if I remember correctly it was when the names were revealed and people were explaining that it’s just called Xbox. With the words Series X and S detailing the console model, so I can see Microsoft adopting the name and just keep saying the new Xbox for future consoles and have it be series X or S as the name still.

1 Like

Series S2, X2, S3, X3

1 Like