Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

Which year do you think Avowed is?

1 Like

Either late 2023 or 2024. Would be crazy if it is 2025. I wonder where it puts The Outer Worlds then, as I don’t think they are coming out the same year.

The whole lineup for the second half of 2023 is a mystery. And there are no guarantees that either Starfield or Forza or Redfall are not delayed too.

So we have

• Starfield (2023)
  • Redfall (2023)
  • Forza Motorsport (2023)
  • Avowed (late 2023 or 2024)
  • Perfect Dark (2024?)
  • Hellblade 2 (late 2023)
  • Contraband (late 2023?)
  • The Outer Worlds (2024?)
  • Fable (2024?)
  • Forza Horizon (?)

Ideally if we get Starfield, Redfall, Forza Motorsport and Hellblade 2 in 2023 it will already be better than a lot of previous years with 4 AAA releases in a year.

4 Likes

Early 2024, MAYBE late 2023 if development has accelerated and they’ve made good progress recently.

I think you’re on the money with these guesses.

Diablo IV as well (pending ABK deal), I think Contraband (which is AAA) and then the smaller stuff like Minecraft Legends, Ara: History Untold and The Wandering Tower (Belfry).

1 Like

Diablo 4 I discount for now because it is not Xbox’s game yet. Blizzard’s pipeline will bring some surprises too for sure.

Ara - I don’t know, I feel like it might be delayed. We haven’t seen much of gameplay.

Contraband - I assume that it might be late 2023, but I am not sure as we haven’t seen anything yet at all.
Unlike Hellblade 2 for example and that’s why I put HB2 in late 2023. Late 2023 is a tentative date.

The Wandering Tower - I have no idea as we haven’t seen anything either.

It is also possible that some of those games will be delayed to late 2023. Whether it then will push other games to 2024 is also a question mark at this point.

Jason schierer was pretty adamant about it not being 2023, so I’m leaning towards H1 2024.

Imagine going another E3 without seeing it if its later than that lol.

I’m at the point with Avowed where I just want to see it at this point.

All this lip service got me sleep.

2 Likes

so hyped for this game!

2 Likes

hmmmmm avowed??? from resetera

6 Likes

If that’s gameplay that looks amazing

seems to be, and its an old 240p taken off screen shot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That could be an old build tbf, who knows how old that is.

2 Likes

Looks really good? I mean theres a lot of detail to be added but definitely promising.

also.

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1582654137912954880?s=20&t=ovjRHxjgm_kUy3MA15wYtw

8 Likes

If this is the footage that Klobrille saw, I now see what he meant by a vibrant Skyrim.

2 Likes

Confirmation that it is both real and real old.

7 Likes

The Avowed screenshot we saw looks exactly like this

1 Like

I really would not mind a proper Avowed gameplay reveal at TGA and if it’s a early, mid or even late 2024 title I don’t care at all.

1 Like

Spinal costume coming to SOT !

2 Likes
8 Likes

The fact this fairly good looking screenshot is already over a year old makes me hopeful for the game’s release date. Could be 2023 after all. Maybe just wishful thinking.

2 Likes