Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

Yeah, I think the silly tone is a bit off-putting as well. But we’ll see how it really is later on, right now it’s just a blip on the outskirts of the radar.

Well, they show the co-op in each video right? I know people compare it with Borderlands, but did Borderlands emphasize co-op that much in their reveal and gameplay trailers?

Granted co-op games attract people these days.

I personally want Dishonored with cutting edge graphics. I think if Redfall looked like UE5 demo it would gain more traction, but we will see how it will perform closer to release.

One thing is for sure, the marketing for Redfall definitely has begun, way more so than Starfield. But then again, BGS do things their own way.

After the E3 reveal of Fallout 4…did we get a lot of updates with actual new info, screens or trailers? I recall that previews eventually came but that was a month or two before release if I’m not mistaken.

I do wonder when the marketing for Starfield will go full swing, but even if by end of this year it’s still a bit quiet it’s not an indication of anything yet. If it’s a June release, for example, then I can see marketing starting in march or so. But really, I expect we’ll get some significant updates sometime this year.

1 Like

Some of what we’ve seen looked a bit like stage backdrops, a bit empty and lifeless. But it’s way too early to say anything about that really.

Fallout 4 released a few months after the E3 reveal so don’t think it’s really comparable.

I think they’ll probably drip feed the game until a few months before release where they could show something more polished.

Fun game.

I would say (I’m assuming the ABK deal goes through):

Including mobile: Candy Crush or Minecraft (Candy Crush is a juggernaut in terms of MAU, even compared to Minecraft, but the latter is the best-selling video game ever. Unsure what has generated more revenues overall)

Console multiplat: Call of Duty obviously

Console exclusive: The Elder Scrolls and Fallout (assuming it is like Starfield)

PC: World of Warcraft

I tried to do (in no precise order) a top 10 and top 20 of the biggest IPs. Top 10 was somewhat easy, top 20 was harder (too many IPs and had to make some hard choices). It’s a little biaised anyway because some IPs are multiplat while others are Xbox/PC.

(excluding Starfield as it hasn’t released yet and Indiana Jones as it’s licenced by Lucasfilms/Disney)

What would you add or remove ?

Top 1-10

Top 11-20

2 Likes

Who’s pushing the hype? It looks amazing and Arkane has never made a bad game.

1 Like

Like pretty much every Arkane game, it gets overlooked until people actually play it or takes years afterwards to get the recognition it deserves

Redfall will likely be the same, so far people see Borderlands/L4D clone and that likely wont change till we actually get to play it

2 Likes

I just saw how many people are in the SoT discord channel and was shocked by the number of people in there, it has more than Halo.

image image image

4 Likes

Okay, so reallistically when should we be expecting the next games from Arkane Lyon, IDSoftware, The Coalition and Compulsion Games?

2 Likes

With the shots taken at Redfall even here, who needs outside detractors.

3 Likes

Lyon - 2026

ID - 2024

Coalition - 2023/2024

Compulsion - 2024/2025

Lyon - 2024

ID - 2024

Coalition - 2024

Compulsion - 2024

All on board the 2024 train.

2 Likes

I will never understand the L4D comparisons. The gameplay looked nothing like L4D in any of the previews.

2 Likes

4 players, enemies that aren’t human = Left 4 Dead

3 Likes

For real though 2024 looks like the year where so many games would be ready, could end up with like 8 1st party games that year.

2 Likes

“Next year”

2 Likes

I mean next year looks like it will be that way

• Starfield
  • Redfall
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Ara
  • Minecraft Legends
  • Diablo 4

And they havent announced their 2nd half.

5 Likes

And that isnt counting their insane lineup the have with gamepass with games such as:

• Ark 2
  • Stalker 2
  • Silksong
  • Woo Loong
  • Texas CM
  • Euyiden Chronicles
  • Cocoon
  • Flintlook
  • The remaining persona games (?)
  • Ravenlok
  • Replaced
  • The entire ABK library

Diablo 4, warcraft and starcraft on FREAKING GAMEPASS!!!

Seriously, gamepass is looking really scaring next year.

And well…if we count COD MW 2 and overwatch, adding that to the first party games you have already mentioned and following their “games releasing in the next 12 months!” They would already have 8 first party launching in a year (again, following that rule :v)

3 Likes

See this is intriguing. If they have stuff for 2nd half when/where are they gonna announce them? TGA? Inside Xbox return? E3!!?

1 Like