Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

So much negativity towards NFTs, and don’t get me wrong, I have no doubt it’s for good reason but personally I still don’t really understand what all the fuss is about. Have we had some real examples by AAA studios that pulled this shit and it was bad? Again, in no way am I advocating for this.

1 Like

I dislike the concept, both in games and outside of games. I won’t get that upset if they start making their way into games though, it’s just micro transaction 2.0 and I don’t typically engage in that stuff anyway.

2 Likes

Paul Yan is the Studio Head of ToysForBob :eyes:

18 Likes

Problem with NFTs which I find is that right now they are mostly about hype and treated like luxury paintings which go on sale for thousands and millions of dollars

If any company is going to implement them in this way then I don’t think we/gaming community is going to support it

NFTs as a technology has a huge potential… But it’s image is Getting tarnished due to the quick buck makers

NFTs will be fundmental entity in the metaverse where your NFTs of a Halo game could be used in the CoD game and vice a versa (just giving a hypothetical example here)

Right now there is no such metaverse or the implementation of NFTs

2 Likes

Hopefully it happens eventually, oh man! I picked those two as well.

I really wouldn’t mind seeing Jak and Daxter return either, but that can’t be Toys4Bob.

MICROSOFT HIRE THIS MAN!!!

Pretty sure that the using something from Halo in a CoD game is never going to happen, at best we will get skins like in Fortnite.

It won’t happen because game data isn’t a JPG or mp3, it’s not a common interoperable format. And it just doesn’t make sense.

You’ll get a nice Halo shirt for your avatar and a COD poster to hang up in your fake virtual house.

1 Like

Offcourse I meant stuff like skins and such things

Very nice

14 Likes

It would be gold if Xbox bought FromSoft.

3 Likes

They’re different gameplay design approaches but they both represent the ultimate forms of medieval/fantasy nerd fantasy. In Starfield, that’s looking to be like the ultimate form sci-fi/space travel nerd fantasy. I’m very optimistic about that but I wonder if it’s gonna be an influential game in the sense of having “clones” like Souls has, I think BGS games generally are harder to clone per but still very influential.

Unsure how rules work with acquisitions, but would be dope if Microsoft starts now in a banjo remake with this team.

1 Like

Yep.

And that’s not the only thing too, Elden Ring’s map is being praised a lot by many, how it doesn’t show a lot of things, isn’t full of clutter, but iirc Oblivion already had this and for sure Skyrim. The map never gave away too much and it wasn’t anything like those busy, busy maps nowadays.

With Todd saying that he wanted a return to more hardcore RPG elements with Starfield there should at the very least by a way to play the game in a much more exploratory/clean screen fashion, i.e. less hand holding.

1 Like

I’d rather than a Viva Pinata skinned version of ACNH than a Banjo game.

Viva Pinata could become Animal crossing especially if it gets Genshin Impact treatment with mobile, PC and console versions.

1 Like

Why not both :wink:
I think they can easily contact a third party to create a viva pinata game and use toy for bob for banjo

1 Like

It’s been a while since I played Fallout 4, but I think that was also pretty much like that. Even more I’d be in favor of.

I’m also hoping for dynamic HUD options. For me RDR 2 so far does it the best. I press Dpad down once to have the HUD appear briefly and then it goes away again, super immersive and great for OLED.

14 Likes