Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

No

I’m just trolling lol game sale list wars are dumb and I just pointed that out.

4 Likes

Well, when people start saying developers of such games are insecure in their craft for creating “cinematic games” … I’m going to think that’s a sore spot for some people lol.

1 Like

We know lol, I’m just being a smartass

Every genre has their place within this industry. Just create great games, that should be the goal. All this other stuff just reeks of pettiness.

2 Likes

If MS wants game pass to grow and keep subscribers, they’re gonna need every single genre on the service at a regular cadence. From niche to the big standard over the shoulder aaa narrative games.

5 Likes

I want some Xbox game studios that make Game Pass titles every 1-3 years on the double A budget.

2 Likes

Double Fine

I want like 10 double fines

3 Likes

It appears it’s not enough to say those games are great, they can sell great and serve a big audience. You have to say they are the best, they sell the best, and are the most important mainstream games out there, or you’re just a hater and they hit a nerve. It appears you also can’t have an argument over why exactly those games are popular apparently.

Such a fucking toxic mentality instilled in some that any criticism towards Sony games or anything resembling is just hate, and that mentality finds its way on this place as well. I find myself wary about what I write about my opinion on some of those games just to not appear like some hater whose nerves got hit, apparently.

10 Likes

Well you have smaller teams within teams making games like grounded so there will be more, same thing with Ninja theory and bleeding edge.

1 Like

“THeY DOnT nEed tO CoPy sONy” Hyperbolic bullshit argument.

No, of course they don’t. Nobody is saying that.

3 Likes

1 Like

Except that’s literally what some are saying either directly or indirectly.

5 Likes

Well, when some people, not you, other individuals write things on this forum and on others such as

“GOW is the most overrated, defended, POS that has ever come into the games industry”

Then yeah, nerves will be struck

Just like when some people in here go over the moon and bash Halo Infinite, nerves will be struck

This is like the argument that DC movies need more one liners and comedy

2 Likes

It’s funny to me people would spend hundreds of hours playing games like RDR2 and Skyrim and here’s me building my 1,000th Mars colony playing Surviving Mars or building my 1,000th city in Cities Skylines. This is why having a big variety matters most imo.

8 Likes

Hey @Klobrille what do you think of Xbox Game Studios doing more double A stuff to fill out game pass, good or bad idea?

And I have no problem with that. What’s funny is I will literally tell people to just consider getting a PlayStation if they care the most about those games. Just don’t twist reality and pretend what you want is what matters. There’s no guarantee Xbox will cover you enough with those games, but they’ll definitely have a handful of them.

I completely agree with your first point, that’s what I say too.

I just think we get to murky waters when we start calling developers who are super passionate about their craft “insecure” because they aren’t creating a “gamers game”.