Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

Did you ever read the X Wing books? Our library had them on audio, and the one where they’re taking Coruscant from Ysanne Isard was pretty cool to listen to. That series & the Timothy Zahn ones were the best.

I’ve read quite a few of the x-wing books. They are pretty good. I would rate the xwing series right behind the New Jedi Order series as best star wars book series. Lots of the Xwing books would make for a pretty good game honestly.

1 Like

I really liked the original Thrawn trilogy, and then the 2 Hand of Thrawn ones (Specter of the Past / Vision of the Future). Courtship of Princess Leia, pretty much all of the X Wing ones - I liked the humor in some of the later ones especially. New Jedi Order… was actually where I kinda stopped paying attention after the first 10 or so. Really wasn’t a huge fan of them.

You’re absolutely right that that series would make some really good games though. Am I right in thinking that at least some of the characters came from the original X-Wing vs TIE Fighter games? My friend had those & I watched him play a bit but never had them myself. The Wraiths would also be really really fun to play as, especially because they got into political sabotage.

1 Like

4 Likes

I dont like Star Wars lore or characters

It will be console exclusive to this:

4 Likes

MS- I mean, ABK are about to rack in hefting amounts of money I predict (the game is really good for casually playing, what can I say :person_shrugging: )

1 Like
3 Likes

I played a few hours of Deathloop and then a few hours of Prey. Arkane is so incredibly talented. Two completely different games, different teams, both amazing.

7 Likes

I trust Arkane so incredibly much. Every piece of content, mainline game or DLC they have made that I have played going as far back as Arx Fatalis has been good and similarly Arkane-y. Looking forward to playing Deathloop.

3 Likes

Me too, and we finally should be able to check it out this September.

1 Like

Yeah Deathloop is definitely different but still great, by far their best gameplay. Redfall is looking like their best next.

1 Like

I really hope under Xbox Arkane can get the attention they deserve. It seems like all of their games are initially overlooked and later remembered as great games. Redfall doesn’t seem to be getting too much hype outside of Xbox circles, I hope it’s played by a ton of people on GamePass.

5 Likes

I would argue that even in Xbox circle it does not get that much hype either. Some people are trying to push the hype for the game but it does not land :man_shrugging:

Eh, release is still far away. Not much to get hyped about yet.

Plus Arkane has always struggled to draw an audience, one of the most exciting parts of the Bethesda acquisition is that they can reach a much wider audience once their titles are hitting game pass. I think between the one two punch of Deathloop then Redfall coming to game pass we’ll start seeing more hype for their games.

1 Like

Yeah, Game Pass will be perfect for a studio like that.

1 Like

People still too worried about how MP had impacted the game. It’ll ramp up when we see more.

Yeah, I think the silly tone is a bit off-putting as well. But we’ll see how it really is later on, right now it’s just a blip on the outskirts of the radar.