Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

I never said everything should be cinematic games in the first place .

1 Like

answer is none

Halo 3 sold 14.5M copies, with less consoles sold than PS4.

5 Likes

Forza had 15 million players in a month. Sea of Thieves has 25 million in a few years. Halo Infinite had 18 million in a few months. Gears 5 3 million in a weekend.

4 Likes

What :skull:

I didn’t even have to go back that far to pull up the sales numbers for PlayStation titles. The last time it came up was talking about the last Sonic Game being over 5 million and how so FEW of the Playstation titles ever hit that.

Meanwhile Xbox has so many franchises with substantially more players than the top PlayStation titles. This is evidence that Microsoft Game Studios should NOT change their titles nor should they copy PlayStation. They already have reached levels of sucess that the other consoles have not.

Reference: Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition - #61 by BRiT

Only the following 15 Sony games have sold more than Sonic Colors (according to Best selling Sony games | Video Game Sales Wiki | Fandom )

1. The Last of Us & The Last of Us Remastered (24.0 million) [2]
  2. Marvel’s Spider-Man(PS4) (20.00 million)
  3. Uncharted 4 (16 million)[2]
  4. God of War (PS4) - 20 million[2]
  5. Gran Turismo 5 (11.95 million) [3]
  6. Gran Turismo 4 (11.73 million) [3]
  7. Horizon: Zero Dawn (10 million)[4]
  8. Gran Turismo II (9.37 million) [3]
  9. Gran Turismo Sport (8 million) [2]
  10. Days Gone(8 million)[1]
  11. Ghost of Tsushima PS4(8 million)[2]
  12. Crash Bandicoot (6.82 million)[5]
  13. Uncharted 3 (6.6+ million) [6]
  14. Uncharted 2 (6.5 million) [6]
  15. inFAMOUS Second Son (6 million)[2]
3 Likes

Sony’s game sales metrics aren’t reflective of actual individual game sales because they count bundles and they sold a shitton of those bundles. Notice the newer games that aren’t part of those bundles haven’t been selling anywhere comparably.

12 Likes

Horizon reached 20 million with bundles and being free on subscription services

Don’t you lot ever get tired about having the same conversations every month?

5 Likes

Oh hey would you look at that, kinect adventures > GoW

12 Likes

standing ovation

9 Likes

Feels more like every week!

1 Like

Such is life on Xboxera

1 Like

I can tell y’all that I can’t tell that much of a difference between Psychonauts 2 and Ratchet and Clank but I guarantee the RAC budget was way higher.

Didnt @Proven just insinuate that bundled games don’t count towards sold copies

No I did not. I am just saying these numbers do not mean they are all individual sales.

It’s getting so embarrassing in here every time someone mentions Sony.

1 Like

I think “cinematic games” is just a sore spot here, the same reaction gets invoked when people ask for multiplayer games on Sony forums.

1 Like

So 24 million of a bundled game with Kinect Adventures isn’t a real representation of what the game actually sold right

Kind of like Wii sports, just saying