Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

any chance it will be 3rd person considering that machine has done only 1st person games ?

Making Indiana Jones 1st person will be a mistake .

1 Like

Hope it happens for the chaos

Just an agent of madness here

1 Like

yeah climbing in 1st person games feels so weird , i remember the platforming in doom eternal , it was not a good experience

1 Like

lol . It would hurt me but anything for chaos

Donald Glover Pizza GIF

First to third person isnt the monumental change people seem to think it is

Its just a camera change perspective, IJ might be first person but if it is it wont be because they’ve only made fps games

That’s honestly the main thing I want to know too. If they confirm it to be third person I’ll do a sigh of relief, because something like Indy needs to be third person. It would completely fill that gap of not having a epic third person action adventure similar to Tomb Raider and Uncharted too.

But I’m not willing to bet on it. The studio is solely known for first person. But we’ve had GG as well, started with Killzone and then made Shellshock which was third person if I’m not mistaken, then they made more Killzone until they got to Horizon ZD.

We’ll have to wait and see. It really all depends on their vision and if it does end up first person, I have no doubt they’ll make it work. But in my opinion Emperor’s Tomb, the Tomb Raider and Uncharted games are proof that third person just works. It’s definitely possible MG want to show that it can absolutely be done with FP only too.

Plenty of time for me to get through Biomutant which will complete my top 10 of 2021!!!

Of course it is. It’s not just a camera angle, it is literally the difference between seeing your character or not.

2 Likes

You should be banned for life off all Microsoft services and this forum for that mistake

I was going through some old magazines the other day, and they used the refer to it as “X-box”. hah

Sad Tb GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

1 Like

Obviously, im hoping that Indiana Jones is third person over first person but more importantly, im expecting it to be third person because I don’t see the point in paying for a licensed character that you don’t see while playing the game.

3 Likes

I understand IP owners want their character actually shown on screen first of all. And second, Indy doesn’t have a lot of shooting, it’s supplemental. Any game that you could make out of Indy has to be 3rd person, because it will have to involve platforming, climbing, maybe stealth (although that works in 1st person too). I’m thinking they might have a 1st person toggle for shooting, like the OG Xbox game had, which would be fine because 1st person shooting is almost always superior.

2 Likes

I’m seeing too much fear in the comments today about Indiana Jones. stop fear mongering this game lads, its being made by Machine Games with oversight from Microsoft. few months ago you were all freaking out in fear over Perfect Dark getting assistance in development from Crystal Dynamic like it was a bad thing.

We all talk about how great these studios are when they get acquired but then when they actually work on new games you all get scared.

Phantom Abyss convinced me that Indiana Jones is doable in first person, so I’m happy either way.

Think it actually looks much more fun and immersive than the third person equivalent.

“We all”? Who’s we? I literally celebrated that, only ignorant idiots would spin that negatively or be “concerned” about it.

Some people have developed fear that every Xbox game is gonna be first person, it’s a trauma response at this point. Even if games are all great if they’re all somehow 1st person perspective it’s gonna be weird and not good for many

3 Likes

I still can’t believe that got spun into a negative thing somehow, lol. Personally, I saw it as a positive as well.

1 Like

Yep, imagine having CD as your support studio, that’s literally a big time flex and luxury lol

1 Like

Why do people hate first person perspective? That’s Bethesda Softworks speciality outside of Tango Gameworks. First person is immersive.