Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

Fair amount of folks assumed it meant The Initiative doesn’t know what they are doing and had to call in reinforcements.

I understand some get motion sickness. But I know for a fact many people who don’t like it just associate first person with military shooters and multiplayer games which they don’t like. I have seen people for example say Xbox is making mostly shooters because they’re in first person (stuff like Avowed even) lol.

Yep, and even Tango are now making a first person game. I have no problem with first person, I just want some more third person action games from Xbox, there are just things you can’t do in 1st person, and vice versa. And like we know there will be, but people just like to be worried about anything with Xbox lol

Well I’m sorry but that’s just an ignorant assumption.

1 Like

I dont think anyone on this Forum had that thought . Most were happy , especially the people in acquisition thread .

2 Likes

I’m playing AoE IV almost daily so naturally I’d disagree. Incredibly fun game in multiplayer. I think there is a great opportunity bringing this title to console this year.

Perfectly fine to disagree :slight_smile: As an example though, Sea of Thieves A Pirate’s Life lead to the game’s highest MAU ever.

So no, I’d definitely argue new content can create great impact. In optimal scenarios even greater ones than the original releases, as exampled with SoT. This is even more true with Game Pass, where the barrier to check out the new content is so low.

Halo Infinite Season 2 & 3 will be similar big moments, bringing the game’s content closer to fans (high) expectations.

I realise this forum is pretty single player-experience driven though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

True for during gameplay, but we can still see him in cutscenes.

This a game pass title? Because I’ll definitely check it out then to see what it’s like.

Hate is a big word, I absolutely don’t hate it. Arkane games are first person and I wouldn’t want those games in any other way. Just like Halo, mainline should always stay first person. But when I hear there’s a new Indy game coming I can only think of third person. I want to see the character during gameplay, I want to see some impressive animations when exploring, swinging around and fighting baddies.

Would you want Tomb Raider in first person or Uncharted? I sure don’t.

But there’s definitely a big chance MG will opt for first person, I can see it.

1 Like

We don’t have friends to play with Klob :frowning:

And the multiplayer genre I like seems… neglected by Xbox? Where are my PvP games damn it!

Todd Howard said Machine games are doing an Amazing work and After seen Starfield i believe in his words.

1 Like

I think Xbox should consider distributing DLC (where it makes sense, so when not relying on progress from the core game) as standalone packages to increase engagement and visibility.

I just imagine something like Hivebusters being played by an order of magnitude more people if it wasn’t basically hidden.

Downside would be inefficient use of space though.

Personally i would love to see a dinamic campaign with a connection with skirmish Maps and all of that with the Power of the last version of Essence Engine (CoH3)

This Is what i was expecting for AOE4 but this Is game Is basically a Copy of AOE2 without its strenghts.

Really Hope to see this changes for Aoe5: the Classical Age needs of a dedicated new game in the franchise, imho.

Do you Think Tantalus games Is working on AOMde?

People dont hate it, people just want to more third person games from xbox

It’s also because people like to see the character they are playing as, not to mention some games just seem more suited to third person gameplay, a character like Indiana Jones with a whip in an action adeventure game seems like one of them

5 Likes

Would love to see AoE IV on console. Attempting to play on a GTX 960 can be painful. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Yeah I don’t get that the word hate is being thrown around. I’m pretty sure that the majority of people wishing for more third person (action adventures) also love a first person game like Halo, Dishonored, Prey, Doom etc.

Well we’re finally getting big SP games that aren’t Gears or Halo from brand new studios, so that in itself is very promising and was very, very needed I would say. Xbox One had some very good SP exclusives like Sunset Overdrive but sadly it just didn’t do well and the reasons it didn’t do well all make sense too, but it doesn’t make it any less sad.

Then there was Quantum Break, it had its moments but it was way too short, the TV show thing didn’t add a thing. Recore, but not exactly AA. We finally have some really big AAA SP stuff to look forward too.

I’m playing through Dishonored Death of the Outsider right now. Going to make this year a great year for gaming. The year of me only playing singleplayer games and beating my backlog has started.

Oh Games Pass folks won’t let you rest. We’ll see what’s in store for this month’s batch.

hmmm to be fair SOT MAU launch and first year numbers is not hard to beat, we need to remember the game launched pretty barebone. anyway cooperation IPs here also play big role using pirate of the Caribbean brought new people to the game. also i think Forza Hot wheels DLC is their most successful Expansion to date.

as for HI depend on how good the season we would have to wait and see. Arena shooter in general have lost it’s place there is so much competition right now.

also speaking of expansion MS needs to provide them on GP, it would help with MAU just like SOT Free updates

Game Pass is great. I need to stop being achievement obsessed so I can actually finish games at a faster rate.

I think 343i would add their take on BR but we will see.

I know it’s going to be a good year, but I kind of wish I could just zap myself to 11-11-22…

3 Likes

That little thing with A Pirate’s Life is that it was free, doubt it would have had the same impact if it was paid content. But I agree with you in that new content can definitely reinvigorate games and be almost as big as new games in some cases, especially free content in big MP-titles.

The first (paid) expansion to FH5 will not have the same impact as the main game though, let’s not pretend thats the case :wink: