Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

I think it’s more like there is a pandemic and games are ready when they are ready

3 Likes

yes

I don’t want NT anywhere near DMC again but I’d like to see a new character action IP from them sometime in the future.

2 Likes

Yep that’s the same thing I thought about, it’ll never happen again for sure.
Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t try their hand at an action game in the future, they’re more reliable creating their onw worlds.

1 Like

same but I think chances of NT making an action IP are low .

Dont think they are interested in those type of games anymore.

Yep, that’s why I said I expect Hellblade 2 to have an improved combat, I don’t expect a Hack n Slash from them in the future.

Idk if content updates are enough to “supplant” first party releases because Thats never been the case ever.

Have any first party content updates ever supplanted a release? Like Hivebusters has a 4% completion total, I think all Outer World dlc are in rare status for achievements, etc.

1 Like

yup .

Exactly. And this time they wouldn’t have to meet the sky high expectations of making a game in one of the god-tier action game series. As you said new worlds, new characters and who knows maybe their own twist/take on character action combat would be pretty cool, Rahni Tucker sure has a lot of talent and now enough experience with the genre to pull something like this off IMO.

1 Like

Yeah they have the talent to pull it off, but I think they won’t stray out of the cinematic experience going forward.

Pretty much gonna be the xbox naughty dog in that regard lol.

2 Likes

Antoniades should do this stuff and let Tucker direct an action game. I am not sure they could support two projects at the same time (at least for now) but if they grow the studio hopefully they’ll branch off a little more from the cinematic experience angle and give chances to talented people like Tucker.

Also a 1st party action game wouldn’t be a bad idea, the genre is getting less and less big budget games even considering multiplatform offerings so it could be a good idea.

hellblade isnt the game that focuses too much on the combat , from what ive seen its gonna play exactly like the 1st one , which isnt a bad thing

Thats not what everything surrounding it indicates.

2 Likes

maybe ur right , i hope we will see more at e3

Rewatching the Indiana Jones movies, still great, timeless really.

Hoping that we learn some actual details on the game this year. I don’t expect any trailers or anything, but just some details. What can we expect it to be like? Will it be similar to something like The Emperor’s Tomb? A game I finished last year and had tons of fun with, especially the hand to hand combat, being able to pick up chairs, tables etc and use as weapon. This is a action adventure.

Or will it be more like Wolfenstein, but with hand to hand combat, whip action etc? Plenty of questions and we have no idea.

It’s a shame that Indy game with the euphoria physics never saw the light of day. That footage was great.

1 Like

You’ll have 4 weeks to vote for your Game of the Year!

2 Likes

They aren’t first party, but content updates for games like Fortnite, Destiny, Final Fantasy are pretty big deals. No reason that can’t extend to first party games like Halo Infinite.

I mean sure but those events are followed by big expansions, “stories” and all that.

Idk if 3 maps and infection are a big deal in s2. I do think by end of year we may get some actual big expansion tho

2 Likes