Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

So the 3 projects are Ghostwire Tokyo, the Johanas game that was announced by Mikami at TGS (The Evil Within 3?) and maybe a smaller project? :thinking:

Was the Johanas game said to be on the smaller side or was that about other projects? Hoping it’s on the level of The evil Within

IIRC Mikami talked about Game Pass giving them an opportunity for smaller and more experimental projects in general. I am guessing that the Johanas game is a bigger project and most likely TEW3 (well I hope so!).

1 Like

:eyes::eyes:

6 Likes

can ninja theory do another devil may cry game or does it need approval from capcom ? I liked DMC so much and the gameplay was way more fast paced and fun than DMC5

They don’t have to call it DMC but man I’d like a hack n slash game from them.

I played the game during a expo this year and it didn’t age well at all. Especially controls wise. So hopefully it’s at the least fully 4K or full screen, if just like N64…meh.

I’d take the word Starfield out of the title

It clearly has some people thinking this is the main thread for that now

1 Like

I also think people should finally be moving away from that outdated logic that only new game releases matter. That’s simply not the case anymore in this industry.

New content for games can create an equal impact as new game releases, in fact, sometimes even bigger. You can bet Halo Infinite Season 2 will be a big moment Xbox will push, as will stuff like new expansions for Forza Horizon 5, Sea of Thieves or Age of Empires IV. Lots of good stuff in the pipeline, not just new games.

As for new game releases, Starfield and Redfall are confirmed. There obviously is more though. Forza Motorsport, As Dusk Falls, Deathloop, Project Pentiment, Project Belfry, Age of Empires IV Console, Goldeneye, … all might release this year (just going with some of the chatter right now) as well, maybe even more, and if you do the maths, thats is a lot of of first-party stuff potentially releasing in 2022 on top of a shit ton of updates & new content to existing games. We’ll see, but with the raw scale of XGS & Bethesda, it’s not that much of a surprise that Xbox first-party will have the most output compared to the other first-party organisations these days – be it updates, new content or completely new releases.

18 Likes

I know these arn’t considered exclusive but haveing big games like plage tale launch in gamepass well it mite as well be exclusive. I have friends who like me have series x and ps5. My one friend even though his main system is ps5 any game that launches in gamepass he will play there. Sony can have all the timed exclusives they want. those will eventually come to xbox but day one gamepass is a big deal

BTW happy new year all. New year new thread

3 Likes

Let’s make it a great (game) year!

I got several beauties still in the backlog that I’ve either not played at all or like only the starting level like in Psychonauts 2 and RDR2 and Blood and Wine from Witcher 3 and of course the Halo Infinite campaign.

1 Like

Capcom own the IP so they’d absolutely need approval

But yeah nothing stopping them from creating their own IP like that

All that was said was that Johanas was working on another project and that they were also working on other smaller experiemental games with smaller teams

So it sounds like the smaller stuff is separate from Johanas game which makes sense

1 Like

2022 just started and already bombs :slight_smile:

Yes!

1 Like

That’s a take alright lol.

Hopefully Hellblade 2 has a better and more profound combat.

2 Likes

hmmm i disagree they are not equal at all. while game updates is nice, they aren’t must get or must play content.

i know many people who haven’t played Forza expansions or skipped updates for SOT. what i mean the attach rate is not consistent and it’s not as high as New game releases.

3 Likes

Xbox Game Studios |OT8| With A Goldeneye

Xbox Game Studios |OT8| The Name’s Box. XBox.

AOE4 has been not a good game After all, for me. Yes, it sold pretty well but but there were not other RTS on the market last Year. Aoe’s name helps a lot. For me it was the worst title of the big 2021 releases of Xbox Studios. Graphica and gameplay seem too old for a veteran RTS player like me. Hope to see something different for Aoe5

1 Like

More than 5 potential and confirmed 1st party and XGSP titles for 2022 and yet not a sign for any of them to be released in the 1st 6 months. It’s like MS don’t want to miss another ‘back-to-back holiday releases’ moment this year.

1 Like