Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

Not really. Xbox went multiple years without an exclusive, 6 months isn’t ideal but not a drought.

1 Like

Fine

Drought-ish

I call it an unfortunate delay in momentum.

1 Like

Halo and Forza are not “new” anymore but very repayable and should hold everyone over until Summer. With GamePass deals there won’t be a lack of anything to play.

1 Like

Yep, even the war of the roses period would have been better, all the backstabbing that went on during that period would have fit right at home with the AC universe. Or hell do an evil King richard the 3rd plot playing as one of the twins sent to the tower (but somehow escaped)

Because you’ve completed every already existing first party game already?

Edit: thread moves fast, point already covered.

2 Likes

Happy New year my dudes, hopefully there’s droughts and games for everybody this year!

1 Like

I hope Arkane will work on their shooting mechanics because as much as I love Prey, the Times you have to use it…well, I’ve played better.

Bit of a shame that Hood: Outlaws and Legends is a MP PvPvE only title.

1 Like

It’s funny how Bethesda has 2 of the best shooter studios on Earth and some of their other studios can’t make a game that feels great aiming wise.

Can id lend their talents to Arkane?

2 Likes

Prey improved tremendously with the fps boost. It used to have bad input delay on XB1 and overall just not play well. Recommend replaying on Xbox Series.

6 Likes

Was so looking forward to it… it never lived upto what I thought it would be.

The tutorial was brilliant though.

Id helped on Fallout 4’s shooting. Should happen again either Id or MachineGames with Redfall, which is gonna be more shooty so it needs to be very good shooting wise lol

3 Likes

Never played Prey. Only the 3 Dishonored games. The shooting mechanics weren’t great in those games but it was solid. Of course, those were much more stealth oriented.

Hey Javier @javycane , how are the shooting mechanics in Deathloop? Are they at least better than Dishonored and Prey? This could be a good indication of what the shooting will be like in Redfall.

Were aight Id guess. Nothing special but nothing awful.

1 Like

Arkane should take Halo Infinite, replace grappling hook with teleport, and keep it moving.

So basically, they’re serviceable/fine for the game itself. This should be and hopefully is the number one priority for Arkane with Redfall because if it’s truly a looter shooter, it’s going to be all about the gunplay and shooting mechanics followed by how great the loot system and rewards are.

1 Like

The year of Starfield…

Let’s fucking go.

Lets Go Reaction GIF by BET

5 Likes

I thought Deathloop’s gunplay felt surprisingly good, on M&K at least.

Interesting that the top 7 games all came from the platform holders. May say something about the ability to give the Devs the time and money they needed to make the best possible games.(or just more BS console war stuff)

1 Like