Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

I like the new banner for the thread!

3 Likes

Eh, the title could use some work.

1 Like

I think it’ll be one large open world town. Freeroam and encounter enemies and gear but you’ll have structured missions and side quests to complete, to advance through the game to retake and rid the vampires.

bitch slap GIF

2 Likes

Well, starting tomorrow we’re in a drought my dude.

We’re not leaving it behind, we’re braving it hopefully for the last time.

3 Likes

I took a gander through the OT information for the studios, good work btw but are the employee counts correct?

Tango really has 200+ employees?

Also how tf does Doom 2 only have an 83 on metacritic, smh

Will Smith Reaction GIF

2 Likes

I’m hoping the loot system is great and the rewards for side quests and whatnot are good and that we get a damn good story campaign. If the game plays as good as Borderlands, I don’t think anyone will have any issues.

I know Bethesda will “self publish” but at the end of the day, it’s all under Microsoft so technically, Microsoft would be the best publisher of current generation games which in turn means that you can also add in Forza Motorsport.

I’m a Ubisoft fanboy and even I can’t argue/defend Ubisoft all that much anymore. They just don’t know what the fuck they’re doing. SMH. UGH.

I love the AC trilogy too but mostly Origins and Odyssey. Valhalla not as much. Unity and Syndicate were good and great but steps down from previous games. I do love Black Flag and Rogue. Anything pre-BF, just wasn’t for me.

Can’t comment on Siege. I loved the campaign in For Honor. Was always hoping for a sequel.

1 Like

Regarding the OT name, you could change “drought” to “fantasies” while leaving the rest the same. Hehehe.

1 Like

Have never been able to find an official count, but they got 3 projects in the works. So probably.

6 months without a first party game isn’t really a drought. The Drought ended this year and isn’t coming back for the foreseeable future.

4 Likes

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Waiting to see the replies

1 Like

Should we change the OT name from “drought” to “Progstopper”??? :beer:

1 Like

That’s mean Brit. I can’t really get mad at Prog or even disagree with him because I get it and understand where he’s coming from.

Same, have a secret enjoyment for them, their honestly like digital comfort food, nothing special / unique or ultimately good for you in the long run if you have too much.

Origins still the fav as I got absorbed into that world for the duration, funny as i thought i’d hate the egyptian setting

Odyessey was fine but felt more like a video game (if that makes sense)

Valhalla was a resounding meh, dunno why but they chose the good olde back yard for the location but chose the worst time period to set it in, post roman dominance but before actual english civilisation flourished so a couple of glorified early english towns( referred to as cities, lol) and viking mud pits was all we got.

It was a joke…

1 Like

Drought: noun

noun: drought ; plural noun: droughts

a prolonged absence of a specified thing.

Six months without a new first party game is a drought.

think we should ask a nintendo rep for the true definition of the word drought, if i’m honest. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Oops. My mistake. I thought you were being serious. lol

Really needs a Robin Hood themed setting. It would be amazing. Rob the rich and give to the poor. Build your base in Sherwood Forest. The Sheriff and his army would be your cult to assassinate.

Eventually putting King Richard back on the throne would be the storyline.

Old school Assassins Creed… set in Nottingham, York and London.